Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks, all! I'll plan to overhaul the cooling system this week. I emailed ESS anyway, just in case the S/C could be the culprit...

Quote Originally Posted by MsRN View Post
    Thanks, all! I'll plan to overhaul the cooling system this week. I emailed ESS anyway, just in case the S/C could be the culprit...
    Might be worth asking PO about though too. Not from a bad standpoint.......but from an ESS standpoint.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by MsRN

The water pump was changed out at 32k miles, I think; I'll have to check the records. Fortunately, I just happen to have an OE thermostat and EMP Stewart water pump on hand...I never changed them out on my old ride.

Time for Rogue pulleys, though...I just don't trust plastic and constant thermal cycling!

IIRC--now I finally realize what that means...I feel so blonde...
    I like your plan.

Droid X. Forum Runner. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Can we get more details on your new supercharged ZHP?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Happily, John!

It's a 2004 Silbergrau Mettalisch Ci, with black cube and Dove Grey nappa leather M3 front and rear seats. Front seats have a bit of wear, but are incredibly solid and supportive. HK, OE iPod interface, Homelink, ski pass-through, no CWP. SSK, not sure which yet, but the knob is lower than stock, based on pictures I've seen here. Leather steering wheel, as comfy and as well-padded as the Alcantara version. Lowered on KW V2 coilovers, with D-Power 18" semi-forged (spun stainless shells?) wheels, asymmetric stance. Fronts are 8 or 8.5", rears 10" (I think). Minor tire scrub on full turn-in. Absolutely minimal body roll, almost feels like a go-cart! Michelin A/S fronts, Pirelli PZero Neros (almost gone) on back. I'll put on Pilot Supersports all around if I still have a drivers license come spring! Bosch/AL adaptive Xenons (love 'em!), LED rears (apparently OE). ESS Laminova-intercooled, twin-screw supercharger, installed and dyno'd by Goodspeed Labs in '09 at around 47K miles. Advertised as having about 360-365 hp at the flywheel, 300-310 lb-ft of torque. I'll try to post the dyno sheets tomorrow. With 30% city, 70% highway miles, after about 220 miles the OBC 'conservamometer' read 34.5mpg when I pulled into the garage tonight; that's with generous idling and a few 'spirited' passes! Low-end torque is just a little less than in our '04 Jetta TDI (so 30mph in 5th at 1100-1200 rpm actually works), and at half-throttle in 4th to pass, you have to remind yourself to point the car straight, 'cause you're there before you have time to think! It's WAAAAY more car than I could EVER reasonably need, and I'm clearly going to have to track it occasionally, just to keep the beasts under the hood happy! I'm scraping the front valance on our minor street/driveway transition, so it needs to be raised a hair for summer, an' a whole LOT for winter driving! I'm planning the fluid change to Redline for engine, diff, and MT this fall, along with OE BT and (eventually) OE seat heaters. Besides an obvious cooling system overhaul, it will get new plugs, valve cover gasket, and prolly a VANOS overhaul before snow flies here. Came with all the original parts except wheels (intake manifold, injectors, etc), and extensive records. Honestly, I feel like I probably underpaid for the car at its asking price ($17600) plus tax/title, shipping and PPI (about $2300). I am not worthy...

And for the record, all who say Bimmers should always be manuals are completely right! I've always had Steptronic, an' I'm NEVER going back to it!

Sounds AWESOME! So happy for you, and you certainly sound excited. And, I'm definitely jealous of that supercharger... holy COW, 360+ HP!!!??? Glad things ended well for you getting the new ride.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by MsRN View Post
    Happily, John!

It's a 2004 Silbergrau Mettalisch Ci, with black cube and Dove Grey nappa leather M3 front and rear seats. Front seats have a bit of wear, but are incredibly solid and supportive. HK, OE iPod interface, Homelink, ski pass-through, no CWP. SSK, not sure which yet, but the knob is lower than stock, based on pictures I've seen here. Leather steering wheel, as comfy and as well-padded as the Alcantara version. Lowered on KW V2 coilovers, with D-Power 18" semi-forged (spun stainless shells?) wheels, asymmetric stance. Fronts are 8 or 8.5", rears 10" (I think). Minor tire scrub on full turn-in. Absolutely minimal body roll, almost feels like a go-cart! Michelin A/S fronts, Pirelli PZero Neros (almost gone) on back. I'll put on Pilot Supersports all around if I still have a drivers license come spring! Bosch/AL adaptive Xenons (love 'em!), LED rears (apparently OE). ESS Laminova-intercooled, twin-screw supercharger, installed and dyno'd by Goodspeed Labs in '09 at around 47K miles. Advertised as having about 360-365 hp at the flywheel, 300-310 lb-ft of torque. I'll try to post the dyno sheets tomorrow. With 30% city, 70% highway miles, after about 220 miles the OBC 'conservamometer' read 34.5mpg when I pulled into the garage tonight; that's with generous idling and a few 'spirited' passes! Low-end torque is just a little less than in our '04 Jetta TDI (so 30mph in 5th at 1100-1200 rpm actually works), and at half-throttle in 4th to pass, you have to remind yourself to point the car straight, 'cause you're there before you have time to think! It's WAAAAY more car than I could EVER reasonably need, and I'm clearly going to have to track it occasionally, just to keep the beasts under the hood happy! I'm scraping the front valance on our minor street/driveway transition, so it needs to be raised a hair for summer, an' a whole LOT for winter driving! I'm planning the fluid change to Redline for engine, diff, and MT this fall, along with OE BT and (eventually) OE seat heaters. Besides an obvious cooling system overhaul, it will get new plugs, valve cover gasket, and prolly a VANOS overhaul before snow flies here. Came with all the original parts except wheels (intake manifold, injectors, etc), and extensive records. Honestly, I feel like I probably underpaid for the car at its asking price ($17600) plus tax/title, shipping and PPI (about $2300). I am not worthy...

And for the record, all who say Bimmers should always be manuals are completely right! I've always had Steptronic, an' I'm NEVER going back to it!
    I love you. Err, I mean, Car, I love your car!
    Gosh Darn girlie, you got hooked up! Car sounds excellent. And, btw, you can never have too much car! Enjoy it, give it a good flogging just for me.
    And congrats on the getting a manual!

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    I love you. Err, I mean, Car, I love your car!
    Gosh Darn girlie, you got hooked up! Car sounds excellent. And, btw, you can never have too much car! Enjoy it, give it a good flogging just for me.
    And congrats on the getting a manual!
    Ryan, honey, if I swung that way, you'd be at the top of my list... (Giggle).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12