Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wheel bearings (Found on net, not my own DIY) doityourself

As stated, this is not my DIY but it looks thorough enough that it would be good information to have on here. I found this article on reddit.com/r/bmw by PsychoCemia

All props to him:

http://www.reddit.com/r/BMW/comments...yalbum_inside/

Moved to DIY section...

Good lookin out.

Additionally...I posted one up a bit ago...that may also yield some good info....or at least make someone feel more comfortable doing this...

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...el-Bearing-DIY
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

you can just delete this then haha, didn't realize there was already one (my fault)

Quote Originally Posted by carsontl View Post
    you can just delete this then haha, didn't realize there was already one (my fault)
    Hey...no worries mang. The more the better. It's all good.

You may want to ear mark this one....

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ve-maintenance
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yup, this was my doing.

I actually hadn't seen Dane's tutorial, but I guess mine's redundant now. (I do have a few more pics, though )

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoCemia View Post
    Yup, this was my doing.

I actually hadn't seen Dane's tutorial, but I guess mine's redundant now. (I do have a few more pics, though )

Cheers!
    Post it in the DIY section. The more the merrier.

Looks nice to just remove it like that, because mines an xi its pressed in.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Moved to DIY section...

Good lookin out.

Additionally...I posted one up a bit ago...that may also yield some good info....or at least make someone feel more comfortable doing this...

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...el-Bearing-DIY
    Dane, can you possibly describe the symptoms of bad bearings and roughly when they should be replaced? Do they go bad at a specific mileage interval?

2002 330XI Saloon
    2005 ZHP
    2013 XC90 R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrad View Post
    Dane, can you possibly describe the symptoms of bad bearings and roughly when they should be replaced? Do they go bad at a specific mileage interval?
    Wum, wum, wum sound from the wheels when driving.

Wheel will have play in it (if you push/pull at the 9 and 3 o' clock position on the tire).

How soon that go bad depends on several variables including driving style, condition of roads (lots of potholes accelerate wear)- I've also read that the use of wheel spacers can contribute.

My 325 was at 122k when I sold her and all the original bearings were still good.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Thanks Keith. Yea the roads in the Northeast suck big time and all 48,000 miles on my Z are from driving on those roads! I do have the wum wum wum sound going on but it's faint, it's not to bad or annoying but its there and I can hear it especially below 15 MPH. It almost seems to be a rubbing sound mixed with a wum wum..My first instinct was my tires. There is no lack of performance because of it as far as I can tell though. I don't know...I certainly don't want to be dropping $500 on two front bearings If I don't need them, so I guess I will monitor for now. Did you replace yours?

2002 330XI Saloon
    2005 ZHP
    2013 XC90 R-Design

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast