Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Z4M Solid rubber offset bushings!

Hey guys,

I just installed a set of factory MZ4 offset bushings on my newly acquired ZHP. I have a couple MZ4 racecars at the shop and I noted the bushings on those cars looked like they would fit. So I special ordered a set from my BMW dealership. I Pressed out the old bushing from the bushing bracket, and installed the new bushings.

First impressions, the car tracks and feels way more confident and positive though the steering wheel. The extra caster the bushings provide gives more positive feel. Under braking the "numb" feel is gone, they make threshold breaking easier to achieve.

Anyway, here is the Real OEM diagram I found the part number on.

Number 9
    09 SET RUBBER MOUNTING D=66MM 1 31107838575 $75.19

Party on fellow motorists. Hope you guys find this helpful!

-Brad

Brad, cool. Thanks for the tip.

Like the E30 M3's offset CAB's, which fit non-M E30's and last a lot longer.

What does this mod imply for ZHP alignment specs?

Kinda got the same deal with E36 M and non-M bushing interchangeability. I will be looking into these for my car.

Sent from my rooted Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by aurelius View Post
    Like the E30 M3's offset CAB's, which fit non-M E30's and last a lot longer.

What does this mod imply for ZHP alignment specs?
    I did my alignment right after the install of the bushings. However I didn't remember to measure the caster. If I get my car back on the alignment rack I will update the alignment stats for the caster difference.

These are just like the e30 M3, and 95 M3 offset bushings.

Are the Z4M bushing the same thickness as the stock e46 bushing? The Z4M shares the control arms with the ZHP.
    Last edited by mikeyb74; 10-19-2011 at 06:00 AM.
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

nike001 Guest
    Bump. Considering Z4M bushings instead of going poly..

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    Bump. Considering Z4M bushings instead of going poly..
    Nice bump, Dalton. I missed this, and its great to know this is an option. I was trying to translate e30 to e46 to just this subject... just didn't know what part was needed for the e46.

I would go for these because what I've heard about the poly ones is that they squeak, and if you can fit a genuine bmw part it will likely be the best of both worlds. If your lowered I wouldn't even think twice.

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    and if you can fit a genuine bmw part it will likely be the best of both worlds. If your lowered I wouldn't even think twice.
    Yep. I'm most likely going this route.. I'll be checking at work tomorrow with the BMW parts guy for what my price would be for them. I think it'd be foolish to not go this route.

My current ones aren't bad, but my drivers side one has a bit of play in it. Meaning that if I'm cruising at ~60mph and tap the brakes really fast I'll get a little jolt in the steering wheel. It doesn't happen all of the time but enough for it to grow to be annoying..

aurelius asked about the alignment but it wasnt clear in the earlier posts. Does putting in different bushings like this affect affect how the car can/will be aligned?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast