Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Oh man. That car is AWESOME!

+1 that the model is a LOVIN.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Very nice Michele. Is that 19% drive train loss, and only 266 Hp to the wheel? For whatever reason...I thought you would have closer to 300 to the wheel?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I love how your dyno sheet has vehicle type listed as "330i (wrong) BMW 2004 LOVIN"

also, I spy a stock intake... is there engine eye candy in the works? (not like you need 5hp)
    Sorry, Hermes--busy week! John Lovin is the p.o. twice-removed who bought the S/C and had it installed in late 2009, as I recall.

CAI upgrade? My best guess is that--since the S/C and intercooler are already significantly increasing air density--a CAI would be strictly 'eye candy.'. Besides, I'm trying to troubleshoot the cold engine idle problem/stutter right now, and will save my pennies for that!

Short-term, I need to worry about winter wheels, gaskets, plugs, fuel filter, brake, diff and tranny fluids, detailing, camber plates, and the PS mirror I broke this week (don't ask--I was being dumb). I'm trying to figure out if I can retrofit folding mirrors to the car, as garage space is tight (hence the broken mirror). Eye candy is very tempting, though!

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Very nice Michele. Is that 19% drive train loss, and only 266 Hp to the wheel? For whatever reason...I thought you would have closer to 300 to the wheel?
    Honestly, Dane, I don't know. I'm not sure what drag power comprises: drivetrain alone, or drivetrain plus the cars drag coefficient (is that the right term?). For that matter, I don't understand the difference between engine power and corrected power, which is just over 8% higher. Doesn't 19% loss seem a bit high to you?

No need to worry about drag coefficient.

I was referring to the loss that occurs between the piston to the wheels.

They say it typically ranges 10-15%, but then if you factor in dyno accuracy...yours is prolly ballpark.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

which rims do you have on
    i do like the ones in the 3rd to last picture
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

Sorry not to reply sooner, JReyes! I like those rims, too! But the car came with the other set of rims.

Congrats on the rocket Michelle

I had the pleasure to drive an ESS twin-screw a few weeks ago. A friend of mine has it in his 330i ZHP....what a ride Don't know if I would race him in my "stock" ///M but it would be fun...

Now I want to get a supercharger but which car to put it in???

FYI, "corrected" power is a SAE scaling factor to normalize all dyno sheet reports as compared to a benchmark standard temperature (I think 72 degrees F) at sea level. If you make your run on a very hot day, or at a crazy altitude, you'll have a correction that scales your numbers up to what they would have been if the temperature and pressure were ideal.

Using SAE corrected numbers with forced induction motors is often considered cheating, though, since they will up the boost in order to make their required power regardless of ambient pressure. Therefore the sea-level correction should not be applied.

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Quote Originally Posted by RITmusic2k View Post
    FYI, "corrected" power is a SAE scaling factor to normalize all dyno sheet reports as compared to a benchmark standard temperature (I think 72 degrees F) at sea level. If you make your run on a very hot day, or at a crazy altitude, you'll have a correction that scales your numbers up to what they would have been if the temperature and pressure were ideal.

Using SAE corrected numbers with forced induction motors is often considered cheating, though, since they will up the boost in order to make their required power regardless of ambient pressure. Therefore the sea-level correction should not be applied.
    Interesting...thanks, Kevin (it IS Kevin, I hope?)!

Since my S/C has a boost of 8psi, wouldn't it work better at 72F and sea level, than at 110F and 4,000 ft above sea level, assuming maximum boost in both instances? Color me confused...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345