Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Question Better Performance Mod: Dual Vanos or Conforti Shark Injector? Or other?

Have been reading with interest those of you that have done the Shark Injector (though buying the battery just to do the install is a bit of a bummer) -- but a BMW Master Mechanic that lives in my neighborhood is strongly selling me on the Dr. Vanos (Dual Vanos) modification.

Any opinions which would be the most dramatic/best bang-for-buck modification if I was going to do one? Or should I be considering something else instead?

Opinions appreciated!
    '05 ZHP Coupe 6MT | Imola Red w/ Natural Brown
    M3 Mirrors | BMW Performance Airbox & Strut Brace | AC Schnitzer Pedals | Weathertech Mats | Homelink Transmitter | OEM First Aid Box | Dynavin N7 Pro

i dont think that vanos rebuild would really get you more performance like sharking would do, I think thats what you were asking about. Either Dr Vanos or Beisan Systems should be done anyways at some point just to restore the power that you will lose when those seals eventually go bad.

The only way you'd feel any serious gains from the VANOS kit is if your seals are in extremely bad shape. Fixing that will restore cam control and some low end torque.

I think you should avoid performance mods until the engine is healthy, and least this is how I've always tried to operate. If you've got substantial vanos rattle or inconsistent power delivery from 2-4k, I'd focus on a VANOS kit first. With these engines its never a bad idea anyway. Then, by all means, shark away!

^ like everyone here is saying you don't get a real gain by doing he vanos, but you do get a better engine feel

I hear only good things about sharking the car
    also both will cost about the same price, dr vanos (-core charge) and conforti shark injector

Good luck in your decision and IMO they both only better your vehicle, so I would just do both but in the order of Vanos first then Shark, to get the most power and health out of your engine
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

IMHO, I would do the maintenance, prior to the mod.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    This.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

what kind of numbers do you guys see out of the shark?
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    This.
    This this.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I agree
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

nike001 Guest
    Spend the money on the Vanos kit. It is not a modification. They are only seals($60) that replace your old and maybe worn ones, and the rattle kit($60) which stops your weird rattle you get between 2500-3000rpms

Also, get the rattle kit & seals from beisansystems.com other than the Dr. Vanos ones.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast