Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Not interested in doing it without the recommended tools.

Was interested in why Nike preferred Beisan, which is why I asked him.
    Umm, ok... you didn't specify his name. Nevermind then...

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    wow thats really not much is it?

I've seen 11hp/11tq peak gains on the ZHP models
    Dunno, I've seen data that directly contradicts any significant gains. Software never really provides much power in my experience (for a naturally aspirated car). Do you know where the dynos are that show 11hp? Perhaps the ones you've seen had other mods as well? I wonder why there's a discrepancy.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

no the gains are bhp directly from software only.

I don't have any dyno info, maybe I'll go log a few runs of it on a dyno if I finally pick up a ZHP soon.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

actually I was wrong, just found the page on TMS, what I said earlier is for a regular 330
    http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-26...-software.aspx

2004-2006 E46 330i ZHP (M54 engine) Performance Software Peak Gains
    HP Gain + 14 @ 6400 RPM
    Torque Gain + 11 @ 4100 RPM
    New Rev Limit 7000 RPM

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/image/dyno/ZHP.pdf

ok thats what I figured it might have been a regular 330
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    Apparently Dr. Vanos started out by using the seals from Beisan.. but later on switched to OEM BMW seals(which are the ones that fail)
    Beisan has their own seals that are supposed to never deteriorate, like the BMW ones.
    Do you have documented proof of this from Dr. Vanos or a customer that has done an analysis on the rubber from a disassembled Dr. Vanos unit? This is a pretty strong accusation (considering it implies that Dr. Vanos is flat out lying on their website) and should probably be avoided for the sake of technical integrity of this forum if it is only hearsay.

from dr. vanos website:

Each dual vanos is fully rebuilt using custom machine work along with specially designed Viton O-rings and Teflon seals
    from beisan website:

The Buna O-rings can be replaced with O-rings made from Viton. Viton (FKM, Fluorocarbon) has similar functional characteristics to Buna, but has much higher temperature and chemical resistance characteristics.
    Not attacking here at all....just trying to ensure that we collect the most accurate information possible at all times.

All I know...is if you do the maintenance yourself....you will be positive viton is used.

I like the probing questions. They are fine. I would also like confirmation on this.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

A reply from DrVanos snagged from another thread asking why choose his product over Beisan:

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc
    Thank you for your interest in DrVanos! To answer your questions we are basically just doing all the work for you, but the end results are going to be about the same as if you use a DIY kit. Of course we do fully disassemble the vanos, clean everything and bead blast the housing to provide a like-new product to our customers. We then bench test the vanos once it's rebuilt to ensure it's working properly, and offer a 1 year warranty. We also provide the mounting gasket and crush washers in the kit.

Mechanically the end result will be the same either way, you are just not having to worry about doing any damage to the vanos while rebuilding it yourself. We do see the occasional broken piston or stripped bolt from the DIY customers from being careless or accidentally dropping and breaking a part. Unfortunately BMW does not sell spare parts on these vanos units, so if you do damage something internally you'll likely need to buy another vanos to salvage the parts from.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
    Chris Gant
    Doesn't mention using OEM parts over aftermarket, which you'd think would normally be a notable point to most people.

All I know...is if you do the maintenance yourself....you will be positive viton is used.
    Yes, sirree-- that's what I'm thinking.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Playing devils advocate here but...

That seems to be the main selling point for DrVanos, you don't have to do all the intricate maintenance parts yourself

I did the vanos kits and the car did feel better with more pull. This is because the old one was bad and the car was rattle and lossing power. My car is just in normal condition. Highly recommended to do the vanos kit first then think about the chip mod.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast