Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone ever film their fogs?

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you have ever filmed the fogs on your cars? I am thinking about doing yellow to finish off things so far I am doing tinted corners and side markers solid red tails and angel eyes... what are your thoughts as I am still a little up in the air on doing it

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Do it! I filmed the headlamps, parking lights, and fogs. It was not for appearance purposes but to protect the new lights.
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

Mine are filmed with Lamin-X
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Did you guys do it yourself or have some one do it? I am hoping that its something I can do by myself...

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I did it myself on my e46 but my other half's new car the film is getting installed by the dealer.
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

I did lamin-x on my heads and fogs this saturday. Also have done E36 fogs and E30 fogs in the past. Easily do-able yourself, just clean all your surfaces and have a plan of attack before you peel the backing off.

Not a huge fan of the pattern Lamin-X gives for the E46 fog...no matter how I applied it it still left some glass visible even after reinstalling the black fog light trim.

If I had it to do again I'd buy a sheet of yellow film and make a pattern big enough that the whole light visible after trim reinstallation was yellow. From about 10' you can't tell, but its still in my head is "imperfect." The burden of knowledge!

For what its worth, you can buy the film direct from Lamin-X for $18.96 shipped instead of Modbargain's $7 shipping:

http://www.lamin-x.com/BMW-E46-Sedan...ers-p/b111.htm

edit: now that i've said it out loud I'm seriously considering redoing the fogs with a sheet of yellow instead of pre-cut patterns. hmmmm.

You could just paint them, 2 kinds of paint you can use but it becomes a more permanent mod that way

Or you could get new bulbs like I did. I had the film and the yellow was too pale for my taste so I got some Nokya hyper-yellow bulbs off ebay for cheap and installed them. Much deeper color. I also left the film on the lights for protection with these new bulbs.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

I have the film on my fogs from a previous owner. I quite like the light output. For protection, it's kind of useless because the very edges of the lenses are extremely pitted due to the filn not reaching those edges.

Sent from my Droid Charge.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast