Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Glad you are set. There is a coding mod so your gauge shows the real temp.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I've seen it before, it's called coolant snitch or something. I think after this latest mod I'll be good for a while. Fingers crossed.

Name:  IMG_20171213_202710.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  66.5 KB

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

That's a new design of the cap with their logo. Looks sweet

You should also do the coolant gauge temp mod.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    That's a new design of the cap with their logo. Looks sweet

You should also do the coolant gauge temp mod.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Apparently they used to have a red cap which I think would have looked cool too. Regardless I'm happy with the way it looks and how much less stress is on my cooling system now

~Rob~

Not talking about coolant snitch, I'm talking about coding so the temp guage reads correct.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Not talking about coolant snitch, I'm talking about coding so the temp guage reads correct.

I didn't even know that was something you could do. Have you done this to your car?

~Rob~

Yes. William wsmeyer did it for me. A few other mafiosos have too.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    I didn't even know that was something you could do.
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1013600
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

I'm having issues now with my license plate lights and trunk interior lights. (Damn German cars)

A while back (Sometime right before the Ohio Mafia Meet) I noticed that my trunk interior lights were not coming on when I opened up my trunk. I didn't think much of it, thought it could be the LED's inside had finally died or something to do with the poor quality Eagle Eyes I had installed at the time.

So a little over a week ago I installed my RCR tail lights and noticed that the interior trunk lights were still not working. So its not the tails and its not the bulbs (I used the brand new halogens that came with the RCR tails)

Now last night when I went to look at my tail lights I noticed I have no license plate lights working. Its pitch black and for them to both fail at the exact same time seems extremely rare. I have recently installed a brand new handle a year or so ago after my old one had so much corrosion after the gasket failed that the license plate lights had rusted through and weren't usable.

So after a bit of research it seems that some of the wires inside the trunk lid harness have broken which would explain the trunk lights and license plate lights failing. I haven't striped the rubber off yet to take a look, but it seems like this is where the issue is.

Has anyone else had this issue? Are the interior trunk lights fed power through that harness or is it only the license plate lights?

After searching it seems pretty common but I've never actually heard of anyone having this issue before.

Edited: Pic of my wire harness. It's been like this for a while now, and I guess moisture could get in, but I don't open my trunk very often and it isn't really exposed to the elements. (It scrunches back together when the trunk is closed)

~Rob~

Someone here had that issue but I can't remember who it was...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Someone here had that issue but I can't remember who it was...
    Either ZHPizza or 704sw had to fix this.

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast