Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Ok, new conundrum for the Family to crack: DOT 4 low viscosity brake fluid.

The relevant quote from the BMW TIS regarding approved brake fluid is this:
    All vehicles with DSC without a charge pump must be filled with the new DOT 4 low viscosity brake fluid.

So the question is, does our DSC system have a precharge pump? The bit of searching I've done leads me to believe we do not (though the E46 M3, and E39s, E65s, etc. appear to).

If I'm right, then the DOT 4 LV fluid options I've thus been able to find include:
    • BMW P/Ns in the pic above: I've found 83 13 0 139 896, the 500-mL bottle, available from most of our favorite online parts shops (ECS, TheBMWPartStore.com, etc.). Note that this is NOT the same as the "normal" 12-oz bottle of BMW brake fluid (P/N 81 22 0 142 156).
    • Pentosin DOT 4 LV: fairly widely available (Amazon, AutohauzAZ, etc.)

Another possibility is ATE's SL.6, labeled as a "DOT 4 (Class 6)" fluid. Pentosin's spec sheet for their DOT 4 LV lists "ISO 4925 Class 6" as a specification it meets, so perhaps Class 6 fluids are LV? (Or that could be a square-rectangle thing . . . )

So whaddya think? I'll probably "play it safe" & get a couple bottles of the BMW LV fluid.

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

I did a bit of research on DOT4 LV and posted it here:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...434#post278434
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    I did a bit of research on DOT4 LV and posted it here:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...434#post278434
    THAT's where I heard all this before!! I was wracking my brain trying to remember / find that post! Thanks!

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234