Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by billschusteriv View Post

Sounds like something you'd hear from a mechanic. That it also happened to be at a dealer doesn't surprise me

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall and see the service manager tell the tech that it was ATE Super Blue and it was supposed to be that color.
    haha no kidding, didn't leave me with much faith.

Quote Originally Posted by GT172I View Post
    haha no kidding, didn't leave me with much faith.
    I can almost hear part of the conversation... if I had time, I'd work up a xtranormal cartoon (keith-esque). hehehe

"Hey Joe, that ZHP owner gave us a call back."

"Okay sir. What did he say?"

"Apparently, he knows his way around a BMW and this ZHP. He claims the brake fluid is supposed to be blue. Some kind of german high quality racing brake fluid."

"Did we get a smart one or did he sound confused? Why is he using racing brake fluid? This is not an M3. It is a ZHP. It is not special."

"I know what you mean, Joe, but he sounded pretty smart. I think we should stop while we are ahead. He already thinks we are stupid. Let's not lose his business before we can give him an expensive list of required service or maintenance to do."

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just flushed my brakes with suoee blue. We will see if I like it.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

I have been using the Motive Power Bleeder for years on both my e46 and e36. I always have great results and ease of use. Indeed, wifey and I don't have to scream at each other when she doesn't hold the brake pedal down long enough or at the right time and let's air in to the system. Now we are a happy family.

Quote Originally Posted by echo46 View Post
    I have been using the Motive Power Bleeder for years on both my e46 and e36. I always have great results and ease of use. Indeed, wifey and I don't have to scream at each other when she doesn't hold the brake pedal down long enough or at the right time and let's air in to the system. Now we are a happy family.
    Lol- worth the money right there.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Waking a sleeper. Is there an evacuator that will work on both brakes and oil?
    All the ones I've seen come with the right diameter hose or an adapter that allows them to be attached to the bleeder screw.

In my experience though they are not very useful for bleeding brakes. They all suffer the same inherent design flaw in that they are using vacuum pressure to draw brake fluid out through the bleeder valve. Once you loosen the bleeder valve, air is then also drawn up through the loosened threads and out the hose. This does not introduce air into the brake system but when you see air in the tubing it's impossible to tell if it came out of the brake system or was drawn up through the bleed screw.

Back to the original question though.

I use Pentosin DOT4 Low Viscosity brake fluid - what BMW specifically calls for in DSC systems.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Waking a sleeper. Is there an evacuator that will work on both brakes and oil?
    Shawn,
    I have a brake bleeder for our cars if you need to use it.

And if you're asking if you can remove the brake fluid first and then add new fluid, you don't want to do that as it may introduce air into the ABS control module which is a pain to remove. (This happened to one member, it might have been Joop, it took him several bleeding sessions to get all of the air out of the system.). So you remove some old fluid from the master cylinder, add new fluid, attach the pressure bleeder on there, pump it up to pressure and then go bleed the brakes in the proper sequence. It will take you longer to set the car up on 4 jack stands & remove the 4 wheels than it will to bleed the brakes.

Planning to mess around with cars this weekend, let me know if you want to fit this in. Also, I already have several cans of the ATE Blue & Yellow brake fluid, so no need to hunt that down.
    Bruce

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

Autozone.com
    Thanks for the replies. Actually need to do both on the wife's TSX. The 330i was done just before I bought it in April. Mityvac MITMV8500 looks like it's for brakes and the Mityvac 7400 for oil. I was thinking of buying an extractor that I could use for bother cars and would handle brakes, power steering and oil.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast