Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unhappy I finished up a partially stripped hex bolt.

Any ideas on how to get this out? It was partially stripped when I went to take off the rotor, and then when I tried to move it, well, let's just say it's all the way stripped now. It's number 2 in the realoem diagram. I'm afraid I'll have to drill it...

Sears makes a special bit that will get it out.

Somebody help me out here- out to dinner with the wife and she's giving me the evil eye for being on the phone.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Lol, pay attention to your wifey- this isn't urgent. :D

I'll check out the sears bit though.

I think my po thought that tiny bolt held the entire wheel on or something. Damn is it tight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all good. She's still smiling.

It's called the Craftsmen Screw Out, iirc.

Edit: Notice the young girl with the fun drink while the old man is downing the Merlot...

ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Had the same happen to me. Had to drill out. Damage threads on hub getting it put. No bigger. Screw is not needed and will be replaced when I change out that hub.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

simple fix my friend.

usually called an "EZ out."

predrill to the dimension required for the ez-out you'll use, then thread it in and turn away.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B001TLIJU2

Yeah...that's what we were all alluding to, but failed to say. It's going to be tough to drill that without damaging threads. Not saying it can't be done though.

It just depends on how the head was stripped and where the bit decides to go.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yep- ultimately, the screw serves no purpose other than to hold the rotor on the hub on the assembly line, afaict.

ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Ugh, sounds fun. Good thing it's not a critical component!

Thanks everyone! Glad to know in not the only one who f'ed this little guy up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would soak it with some PB Blaster or WD40 and then use the screw out.

I think that will get it out without damaging the threads.

The screw out bites into what's left of the stripped recess. Should be better than drilling it out.

ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast