Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Wheel Fitment 101

I frequently will use this to aide in determining offset....

II. Here is also a wheel offset calculator.....
    http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Also another very good resource provided by Eli.....
    http://www.willtheyfit.com/

III. Now that we know the above......say I am going to go from the rim I have now.....to a stock style 135. Lets just talk about the rears.
    CURRENT: Enkei's are 18X8 with an ET +42 offset.

FUTURE: Style 135's are 18X8.5 (rear) with a ET +50 offset...

IV. Plugging the above values into the calculator in II, above.....it yields the following information:
    Inner Clearance: >>>>>>> 14mm's less than my Enkei's from the inside of the wheel to the strut housing.

Outer Position: >>>>>>>>Retract by 2mm's (position of the outside edge of the wheel)

***So....what the above numbers are telling me (in IV, above) are.

I may need spacers, if I do not currently have 14mm's from the edge of the wheel to my strut brace.

Additionally...my tire will still be recessed 2mm's more inside of my wheel well. Close fitment can somewhat be taken care of through the use of a stretched tire, or by adjusting my camber.

EDIT: I will be updating this thread with any good info I find on wheel fitment. Please feel free to add any of the tools, you guys use, to ensure proper stock, or slammed fitment.

Last edited by danewilson77; 03-22-2011 at 03:35 AM.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Here is a little diddle...

you guys think i can get away with 18x9.5 et 25 all around. fronts i'm worried about.

If you're ready to mess with ride height, suspension stiffness, camber, tire stretch and fender mods, yes you can make it fit.

rears i'm not worried about. fenders are already rolled. if need be i can probably pull them a bit. tires would probably be 225/40/18. i have coilovers so if i rub bring it up a notch. really wondering about the fronts. if not i can always go say 18x8 et13 or so.

I've seen a couple cars with 9.5" up front and it looks mean. I say do it if you can.

yeah i just need to get more research into the fronts. i dont want the wheel rubbing against the strut.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    I've seen a couple cars with 9.5" up front and it looks mean. I say do it if you can.
    I had 15mm spacers up front...and I loved the way it looked. Lowered, and I can haz no spacers no moar....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I know nothing about spacers so someone fill me in. I want as wide of a stance as possible with no rubbing or fender modification. Currently I'm on 135's, stock ride height, stock tire sizes. I may upgrade to a H&R sport cupkit sometime next year. What kind of spacers do I need?

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
    -Alex

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast