Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    No, this is Ludacris

I tee'd that one right up for ya.

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

This seems to be a good place to post this question.

I'm currently running stock wheel/tire set up on my Sedan. I'm lowered on HSD coilovers and I have slight rubbing against the springs in the front WITH a 5mm spacer. Now I'm considering running a 10mm in the front, but how big of a spacer can I go in the back without rubbing/rolling fenders. I'm also maxed out in the rear, no collars for the spring, and the strut is at its lowest setting.

I just don't want the front wheels to be super aggressive while the rears are sunken in.

We need...

Take a ruler and measure at top of fender. How much room do you have?

I bet you could squeek 5-10mm spacer in back there....but I don't have 135's.....so I'm guessing.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

On my winter setup I run a 10mm spacer in front to clear the coilovers and stock offset in back.

You could also try moving your 5mm spacers to the rear as a place to start.

Here's mine with 10mm in front.

I was running a 15mm in the rear with Style 135 in the rear. I rolled the back fenders but seem to rub the left side rear. I switched to a 12mm rear and the problem went away.

First set up was 20mm in the front (no rolling or any problems with the front)
    15mm in the rear slight rub nothing that would pop a tire or anything just bothered me to hear it

Second set up
    moved 15mm to the front
    12mm in the rear no problem with rub

This was with style 135s.

the first set up looked great just had the slight rub. I did this due to wheel rubbing suspension. The second whil not as aggressive still looked really good with no rub.

I had my fenders rolled in the rear.

I have BBS CH replicas 18x9 et 37 in the rear and going to put on 5mm to push them out some more to have the flush look (in the front too).

Depending on your coilovers you need to get the et to 25 (around) in order to eliminate the tire rubbing the spring.

You guys make this stuff way too technical and way too hard on yourselves. I will provide a step by step of the proper procedure.

1. Drop it.

2. Poke it.

3. Stretch it.

4. Roll it.

Done.

and always remember, "It sucks to roll hard."

Haha, Stanceworks motto! I will be going crazy once I save money for the wheels I want, but until then OEM will have to do.

I have about 1/2inch clearance between the bottom of the fender & the top of the tire in the front. The rears are tucking, but the space between the side wall of the tire and the edge of the lip in the rear fender is also about 1/2inch.

OK......so........you can probably fit a 10-12 up front....and maybe a 7-10 in the rear, since you're tucked.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    OK......so........you can probably fit a 10-12 up front....and maybe a 7-10 in the rear, since you're tucked.
    Which in the world of fitment means you can fit 15mm up front and 20mm in the rear, make some camber adjustments, get a tire that has a slight stretch on it, roll your fenders (possibly a slight pull) and then lower your car another inch and be good.

My specs were

3" drop
    19x 9.5 offset 32 wheels
    235/35/19s

My car was flush and had a great stance. You couldnt get a babys finger between tire and the wheel well and the well rested 5mm above the rim. This required full dampening on my coils to prevent damage to my wheels on compression.

Point being, just because a book says that something won't fit, or the numbers don't crunch a certain way doesn't mean that it wont. If you want to roll hard, you have to get in there and problem solve to get the fitment you want.

and in regards to the Stanceworks motto, it is actually "Low is a lifestyle".

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast