Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Mod List Questions/Order of Importance

What's up guys. I've been lurking for a while, but decided to come out and make a thread because i need some help. I own a Silbergrau 05 330i ZHP, and I want to do a couple mods here and there to it.
    Its already got 35% smoke tint all around except the front windshield and most of the preventative maintenance done. I already have an AFE Stage 1 CAI in the box that I need to get around to installing. I need new headlight lenses since mine are pitted to hell.
    The things I want to do is as follows:
    black or CF front grilles-don't feel like spending a ton on them
    some kind of AUX/iPod input-I was looking at a Grom one with a usb input that is nice
    headers or some kinda exhaust-not sure about this, i would probably go ebay headers

I'm still debating on clear corner, sides, and tails, but I don't know how it looks on my color car. And what kind of tails would I go with?
    Also Angel eyes, not sure on those either?
    Any input at all guys? All opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

Also forgot the shark injector, but it's kinda outta my price range a bit.

Khoalty can hook you up with black glossy or matte black grilles. I also vote you go clears all around, from them as well. I endorse the Shark. Glad you're posting, but I love lurkers too.

Get your A/E's from one of 3 places:

1. www.jlevi.com > Weisslichts A/E's in 6000k color. I have these. If you go this route, get the lifetime warranty for an extra $30.

2. www.umnitza.com > Predator Orion V2.

3. www.Kholty.com > I believe they have a new model out.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Lots of thoughts but unfortunately not a lot of time at the moment, so I'll try to answer w/my thoughts but brief-ish. Like the idea of black grills (think I got mine at Tischer, Khoalty sells too), ipod (usa-spec is popular, don't know Grom, USB w/b nice, I have DICE (no USB), many ppl go w/ebay headers but I don't have them so can't comment. I like AE's and will eventually get them, but it's lower on the list. AFE is nice. Shark or other tune such as AA is good, esp. if you get headers, as the tune can be customized. Probably better to do both around the same time. Not a light guy, so no opinion there. Also, many would say lower the car too. I haven't done that yet, but it's on the list. Of course, perform all maint. first, as I'm sure you know.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Maint first, then mods!!!

I personally don't like the eBay headers and won't get them myself. I'm still trying to find a good CA legal one for me. Tune yes, but like John said, make sure it's adjusted for headers if you decide to go that route. AE's are not my thing but Dane has already given some good choices. If you don't want the OEM black grill ($120) then just get the ones from Khoalty. Don't have an iPod kit yet but planning on it, just not sure if I'm gonna do the Nav retrofit since the cables are different. I would skip buying new lenses for now, try the 3M headlight refinishing kit first (it's like $20).

Also, get the Euro tray / get rid of the cupholders. Go Mini Go No Holes License Plate Bracket too. Check your windshield cowl, might wanna change that too if it's original

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Khoalty can hook you up with black glossy or matte black grilles. I also vote you go clears all around, from them as well. I endorse the Shark. Glad you're posting, but I love lurkers too.

Get your A/E's from one of 3 places:

1. www.jlevi.com > Weisslichts A/E's in 6000k color. I have these. If you go this route, get the lifetime warranty for an extra $30.

2. www.umnitza.com > Predator Orion V2.

3. www.Kholty.com > I believe they have a new model out.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    +1 on Dane's take. If you have Imola (and other variations as well...) clears all around, in my opinion are nice. Bought my Imola Red in part due to http://www.motoringfile.com/2009/05/...-3-series-zhp/

Def. go with Khoalty for the grill. Cheap alternative, looks great, fitment has been solid for me.

Clear corners on silvergrau is perfect. I personally like the look of the LED tails but that's just me.

Khoalty has been very good to me and I would recommend their black grills as well as their Angel eyes.

Getting the conforti shark injector is also a nice mod from what I hear.

Any of the above mentioned Angel eyes are great Nd you shouldn't have any problems with them.

As far as eBay headers go, you have to do a good bit of research on which headers will fit your car, which seller has them and also which seller has a good reputation.

BMW performance strut bar is also a nice bit of eye candy if you have some money burning a hole in your pocket.

LG Revolution + Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post

I personally don't like the eBay headers and won't get them myself. I'm still trying to find a good CA legal one for me. Tune yes, but like John said, make sure it's adjusted for headers if you decide to go that route. AE's are not my thing but Dane has already given some good choices. If you don't want the OEM black grill ($120) then just get the ones from Khoalty. Don't have an iPod kit yet but planning on it, just not sure if I'm gonna do the Nav retrofit since the cables are different. I would skip buying new lenses for now, try the 3M headlight refinishing kit first (it's like $20).

Also, get the Euro tray / get rid of the cupholders. Go Mini Go No Holes License Plate Bracket too. Check your windshield cowl, might wanna change that too if it's original
    Hermes put out some very good advice here!

Couldn't agree more......Maintenance before mods.....doesn't help if you are broke down somewhere even if your ride looks good....

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post

I don't have to run a front plate in TN so no need for the license plate bracket. I'll definitely check out the headlight refinishing kit, but will it work if my lenses are pitted to hell? And I definitely need those cupholders, my car is the family school bus at the moment, so they're very useful.
    I have about 400-500 maybe even 600 bucks to spend so my options are kinda limited at this time. I'm picking up some ATE super blue and SS brake lines from a friend, but besides that I can't decide whether to spend the rest of the money on exterior parts or go fast bits.

need a picture of the lights in question to give you an answer

for $550 i just saw this on modbargains, BMW Performance exhaust p/n 18100429614

http://www.modbargains.com/BMW-Perfo...46-Exhaust.htm

its not the stock one, that one is p/n 18100026767

and if you wanna start saving now... Supersprint headers, maybe $2300. If you get the cats also make that $4800

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast