Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Not to knock khoalty, but a cheap alternative to buying black grills is painting them. I've done mine with plasti-dip, and they turned out really well. This summer I decided I wanted chrome again though, so I peeled it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went back and looked at the pictures on the e46f website. Nice score.

I like the clears and black kidney suggestions. Also suggest taping off and re-spraying your lower grill black if you haven't done this already.

Looks like you got an alcantra wheel and boots. You can always get a refresh from Coby if this is bugging you.

Other than that, she looks pretty cherry. In for more pics and updates as you move forward.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    need a picture of the lights in question to give you an answer

for $550 i just saw this on modbargains, BMW Performance exhaust p/n 18100429614

http://www.modbargains.com/BMW-Perfo...46-Exhaust.htm

its not the stock one, that one is p/n 18100026767

and if you wanna start saving now... Supersprint headers, maybe $2300. If you get the cats also make that $4800
    As to the SS headers.....

I'm 17 with little to no income, so if I had that kinda money, i'd either buy a turbo kit or some wheels. eBay headers are sounding kinda good from the one example on youtube, but does anyone know how the in-cabin rasp is?

Quote Originally Posted by billschusteriv View Post
    I just went back and looked at the pictures on the e46f website. Nice score.

I like the clears and black kidney suggestions. Also suggest taping off and re-spraying your lower grill black if you haven't done this already.

Looks like you got an alcantra wheel and boots. You can always get a refresh from Coby if this is bugging you.

Other than that, she looks pretty cherry. In for more pics and updates as you move forward.
    Well.... You see.... I ended up taking the lower grille out last weekend with my dad to paint it, and we couldn't get it back in, so it looks like i'm taking the bumper off next weekend. Also, my front passenger side window regulator is going out, and i've had an oem replacement in the trunk for a while now, hoping to install that this weekend as well. I did the magic eraser clean on my alcantra wheel, and it looked good at first, but now it's just deteriorated pretty much. Thinking about that coby wheel rewrap thing, but how long would the downtime be, since again, I'm the family school bus, so I have to chaffeur people around all day everyday and I can't have a ton of downtime. Also, I only have 600 bucks at tops to spend on mods right now, so wat do besides clears all around?

Zero downtime on the Coby Wheel.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Zero downtime on the Coby Wheel.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    just to elaborate a bit, what Coby can do is send you a freshly wrapped wheel, and then when you send them back your original one they will refund you the core charge of $200. that's why there's no downtime.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    just to elaborate a bit, what Coby can do is send you a freshly wrapped wheel, and then when you send them back your original one they will refund you the core charge of $200. that's why there's no downtime.
    Oh that sounds pretty good.
    Does anyone have a picture of a silbergrau 330i with smoked front corners and sides? I'm debating between that and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Taliben View Post
    As to the SS headers.....

I'm 17 with little to no income, so if I had that kinda money, i'd either buy a turbo kit or some wheels. eBay headers are sounding kinda good from the one example on youtube, but does anyone know how the in-cabin rasp is?

Well.... You see.... I ended up taking the lower grille out last weekend with my dad to paint it, and we couldn't get it back in, so it looks like i'm taking the bumper off next weekend. Also, my front passenger side window regulator is going out, and i've had an oem replacement in the trunk for a while now, hoping to install that this weekend as well. I did the magic eraser clean on my alcantra wheel, and it looked good at first, but now it's just deteriorated pretty much. Thinking about that coby wheel rewrap thing, but how long would the downtime be, since again, I'm the family school bus, so I have to chaffeur people around all day everyday and I can't have a ton of downtime. Also, I only have 600 bucks at tops to spend on mods right now, so wat do besides clears all around?
    I had no idea you were 17, but that shouldnt stop you from saving for better parts for your car. What I was trying to say with my comment is if you want to mod things, not to get the headers right now. Spend the money on other parts first. There are a lot of little things you can do to make your car run better.

Im just trying to pass on some experience because I was in your spot once. My first two cars were money pits because I would buy something, install, get tired of it, buy something else, get tired of it... you get the picture. Do the little things first, then work on big changes to your car.

For $600 get the clears, wheel rewrap and buy a bunch of little maint stuff like vanos kit, intake boot, windshield cowl (if yours is worn out), maybe some rear shock mount reinforcements, fcab and rtab... Just save money now for horsepower projects that you can get to later
    Last edited by Hermes; 10-26-2011 at 05:13 PM.

how much are the black grilles? I just sand them down and spray them with matte black paint. Ive done it on three bmw's that ive owned and they look exactly the same. its easy and cheap to do. my old one got some road chips in it and then I just re painted the grille again. still looks good

: Umnitza angel eyes 6000k : HID lowbeams 6000k : HID foglights 3000k : Blacked out corner lights and sidemarkers : Smoked Eagle eye LED tail lights : 15% tint on all windows : powdercoated black 135s with Michelin Pilot Sport a/s : Koni adjustable coilovers with adjustable struts : AA tune : K & N cold air intake : Highline tuning cat back exhaust : CDV delete : 2 zhpmafia stickers (plus 25 bhp each) :

I agree with Hermes. You should put your money into your lights, grilles, cowl (if needed) and get your new lenses. Trust me I have modded many cars in my time, little mods like intake, headers and exhaust are just not that big of a deal. A really great running car will drive better.

Hermes gave you great advice at putting your money into the little things. This will make your car look better and give you what you are looking into achieving. Do it right the first time and you wont be as broke as me and others who have ever tried to shortcut paying up front first.

Your money will go really far by doing the little things and enhance your car at the sametime. Good luck on making it look good

Quote Originally Posted by antcamp View Post
    how much are the black grilles? I just sand them down and spray them with matte black paint. Ive done it on three bmw's that ive owned and they look exactly the same. its easy and cheap to do. my old one got some road chips in it and then I just re painted the grille again. still looks good
    I forget exactly but I think OEM ones are around $50-$60 each for the glossy black.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast