Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

BMW Performance Shift Knob (Automatic) Installed Photos?

I have a 2004 Imola Red ZHP steptronic with black leather and black cube trim. I have been thinking about getting the performance shift knob, but would love to see photos of the knob installed in a car with black leather and black cube trim. My fear is the metal part of the knob will look out of place in an otherwise black interior.

Thanks!

Good to see you posting. Welcome. We'll look around for some pictures.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I didn't even realize they had perf shift knobs for us STEP owners, I'm looking forward to seeing one. I'm black/black/black (cube).
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Me too...(blackx3)...I am also a bit weary of how the shiny parts would look in our interior...HOWEVER, I have this idea of modifying the shiny part with stick-on CF/vinyl wrap...now THAT might look snazzy....
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

i got you...

boots are from Bimmian, there are 'BMW Performance' boots that are a slightly darker alcantara, but they have white piping

why not this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

its called the DCT retrofit
    hhttp://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=752576
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

Quote Originally Posted by jreyes19 View Post
    why not this

i think the issue is with the length of the little thing that the button on the front controls, the one for the e46 is not the same as the one for the e90

also, the one I have feels much more comfortable than the original leather one I had. Its slightly larger/flat on top so it kind of just sits in your palm perfect

John, actually this is my car

Thanks for finding Hermes. I think that would look really good with silver cube.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

To me, personally, that looks out of place and too "futuristic" / gimmicky - doesn't flow well with the 'classic' non shiny style interiors of E46s..
    It does look good in more 'modern' BMWs though.

I do like Herme's pic, though - wonder how difficult it would be to cover the metal/shiny part with CF wrap...
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Yes, I figured it was your car. That's why I said "really good with silver..." I like it on black, and I think it would really mesh well on silver. And Wash, I think you said it well, that other one would look better on more "modern" BMWs to me too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast