Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Roads

Top Roads

So the south has some great driving roads like the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and Blue Ridge Parkway.

Wondering what the rest of the Beast Coast has to offer.

What are the best roads in your neck of the woods?

South jersey is generally flat and straight so you really have to get off the beaten path to find the twisties around here...
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

In CT? I couldn't tell you. Definitely NOTHING near Bridgeport. Pissed that I have to drive over an hour away from here just to get to a decent road.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

One of my favorite lil shortcuts. Connects Rochanbeau and Mooretown I Williamsburg, VA.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I did a trip for work that had me fly into Columbus OH, drive to Charleston, WV and after done there I had to drive to Winchester, VA. When I left Charleston WV, it was around 9pm. Since it was dark, I was blindly following my GPS. The first leg took me on I-79, heading north. Right at Clarksburg, GPS had me get off I-79 and take Highway 50 all the way into Winchester VA. My only complaint was that I didn't have a better rental car.

Highway 50 between Clarksburg and Winchester is a riot. Its filled with 15 mph switchbacks and steep grades through the Appalachian Mountains. It can easily take 3 hours to cover, even late at night with almost zero traffic.

We have a few decent roads not far from my house that lie on the western edge of Wisconsin. They're commonly called the "alphabet roads" because they're all letter names. The roads all criss-cross eachother and getting lost is easy without a GPS. The traffic is minimal but it is farm country so blind corners and hills can be dangerous. I spent an entire day out there 2 years ago with a bunch of friends. Highly recommended roads to drive if you ever end up in the Minneapolis area and have an extra day.

Montana. Too many roads to list there. If you've driven in MT, you know why they call it "God's Country". Breathtaking views and TONS of twisting, winding roads. Bonus points for having very few State Troopers.

My other favorite was Driving from Stockton CA to Yosemite National Park. Gorgeous scenery and great roads.

Usta live in Montana, for about 10 years. I know exactly what you're talking about. Wish I had the zhp at the time....though when I lived there, they hadn't been produced yet.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Here's some links I used to use when I was riding bikes a lot. Used to ride sport touring bikes in the twisties a lot. Getting lost in the mountains was the goal. At that time was based in Annapolis so mostly PA,MD WV,VA riding. Don't have any of the roads written down anymore. But was mostly out west of DC..Doing a quick look at Google Maps I think 211 out by where it hits Skyline was a real good one in VA.

http://www.dealsgap.com/

http://www.madmaps.com/

http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

My favorite shot of my favorite vehicle before the ZHP on the Dragon.

-Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Come on guys, anything other than what's mentioned in the first post? Or Montana? lol
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Well....this one is pretty good....cuz it means I am going home.

http://s1015.photobucket.com/albums/...112_162139.mp4
    And this one is in York State Park.

http://s1015.photobucket.com/albums/...818_165531.mp4
    Last edited by danewilson77; 12-22-2010 at 07:47 AM.

bad links, DW. The HTML code is bad.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast