Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Back when I had my non ZHP 330i I had a problem with the engine stalling out when I would approach stop lights, as if the RPM dropped and never got picked up by the idle. Turns out later there was a TSB on this topic and they often bumped up the idle speed just by 50-100 RPM to resolve the issue. My lease ended on that car before I had a chance to fix it, however going through the records of my current ZHP I seem to recall that item being done. I will check tonight since I don't have the printout here at work.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I am assuming the intake filter got cleaned during second oil service. Lets hope so.

Anyways.....I recommend doing the following. Should cost around 30 bux, and will take 1.5 hours (max)

Parts/materials neeeded:

1. Intake filter (you can skip if you think it is prudent).
    2. Upper and lower intake boot.
    3. Carb cleaner.
    4. MAF sensor cleaner.

1. Remove intake.
    2. Remove upper and lower intake boots. You will prolly have to cut the lower one off due to orientation of hose clamp.
    3. Inspect DISA by unplugging and removing two torx. Check to ensure gasket is in good condition, and check spring feature of flapper valve. When you pull it out...it should be in mid position. When re-installing, place a super thin coat on non-hardening permatex to the gasket.
    4. Make you way down to and remove the ICV. Once you have pulled it.....hold it in your hand and act like your revving a motorcycle. There should be freedom of rotation within the tapered vlave itself. You should hear it click, click, click.
    5. Liberally spray carb cleaner into it, to remove all muck and mung.
    6. Clean MAF sensor with cleaner. Follow directions.
    7. Reassemble.

This will eliminate alot of things.

Make sure to take your time and dhu eeeeeeeeet right.
    I'm guess the lower/upper intake boots should be bought from the dealership? Who has the best pricing on these?

Quote Originally Posted by nk_zhp View Post
    Back when I had my non ZHP 330i I had a problem with the engine stalling out when I would approach stop lights, as if the RPM dropped and never got picked up by the idle. Turns out later there was a TSB on this topic and they often bumped up the idle speed just by 50-100 RPM to resolve the issue. My lease ended on that car before I had a chance to fix it, however going through the records of my current ZHP I seem to recall that item being done. I will check tonight since I don't have the printout here at work.
    I've read a few post on BF.c and some people did mention this, but they weren't to deep into detail as what they had done.

Hope it isn't the problem though. . .

Trying not to go the dealership for anything but certain oem replacement parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Linh View Post
    I'm guess the lower/upper intake boots should be bought from the dealership? Who has the best pricing on these?
    They are not that expensive at the dealer if I remember correctly. Maybe 12 bux each.....or you can get em at ecs or tischer.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

you can order upper and lower boots online. they are simple little parts, and cheap. Or you can get one from stett performace for like $150 bucks like me. It had to add at least 13 horsepower, cause its smoothwalled! lol. frieken waste of $....but it does look keeool.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Yeah....Just call BMW for a price on upper and lower intake boot.

You will need part 3 and part 6. P/N's provided in link....

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...05&hg=13&fg=15

ECS links...........

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/13541438761/

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/13541438759/

Looks like total price may be closer to 50 bux. I hadn't remembered the one boot being $28......but there ya go.
    Last edited by danewilson77; 12-22-2010 at 07:18 AM.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Alright, thanks Dane for the p/n's.

Will be going to semi local dealership and see their price. Hopefully they could match price if needed.

And have fun with part 6. Taking it out is like a 2 knuckle breaker, but putting the new one in is like a 5 five knuckle breaker. What a bitch that one was. not really hard, just a bitch to align and get to.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Remember, if you're a CCA member you can get a discount from the dealer. Just provide your card/member #.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Guys may I also throw out a few vendors that often have rock bottom prices. rmeuropean.com and autohausaz.com

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast