Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

My E46 Tail Light Ground Fix.... doityourself

I. Assemble tools

A. Electrical Connector set. I already had this.....and it had the appropriate connector.

B. Some to cut and strip wire. I used a combination of wire cutters and pocket knife.

C. Small tweaker.

II. Remove old ground wire by slowly "tweaking" out on clip, and pulling wire out simultaneously. Mine came right out. You can see where the plastic was melting and where the brown wire is starting to char.

III. Cut off old connector and strip back to where good wire exists.

IV. Install new ground connector. I ended up using the blue one.

V. Plug into lug on circuit board. Red "Dot" below

VI. Plug main connector back in, and your all done.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

First drive into work this morning without a bulb warning....since buying the car August 2010.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Well done Dane, I still had a fast blink issue before because the connector has melted into the surrounding pins.

On a second note, the dealer can't actually deny the repairs because this has been sent through the NHTSA correct?

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Meric Guest
    Another well written DIY! Thanks Dane. (I though i was in trouble for some reason when i saw my name) :D

Quote Originally Posted by Meric View Post
    Another well written DIY! Thanks Dane. (I though i was in trouble for some reason when i saw my name) :D
    Lol. Thanks for making me do this.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

nike001 Guest
    Hmm.. I'll probably be doing this tomorrow. Any special connector I need? And the connector just slides onto the new point?

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    Hmm.. I'll probably be doing this tomorrow. Any special connector I need? And the connector just slides onto the new point?
    Connector just slides on. I think I got that connector kit at Lowes...it mat have been an impulse buy at walmart. I got it when I was planning for my A/E's just to have it. Just size it up to the wire.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

yup, exactly what i did........easy fix, nothing to it.
    - now with 5 speeds

What size are those female connectors? Anybody know? I went to Lowe's and they have nothing and Walmart and Home Depot seem to have nothing on their website.

2002 330XI Saloon
    2005 ZHP
    2013 XC90 R-Design

I bought that kit at Walmart.....might also check RadioShack.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast