Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Female spade connectors all connect to the same "width" spade. The color corresponds to wiring gauge, connectors are all standardized:

Red - 16 to 22 gauge wire
    Blue - 14 to 16 gauge wire
    Yellow - 10 to 12 gauge wire

Walmart, lowes, home depot, and radio shack all carry them...at least here.

Got it. The ones at Lowe's seem way to large, as the OEM connector is really tiny. I'll try Radioshack, Sears and Walmart. My white XI has the brown wire fried and the dashboard light has been on since purchase.

2002 330XI Saloon
    2005 ZHP
    2013 XC90 R-Design

Well I fixed mine, I think anyway. Sears hardware had all the stuff. My connection was slightly black and melted the plastic around the connection. So I just put some of that electrical "goo" on the ends, stuck it in there real tight and zip tied around the wire bundle so the brown wire (#3) would not come loose. I think that was my issue. The brown wire was loose and pulling out causing the tail light to show up on the dash. Now no warning light! And I didn't have to splice anything. We shall see if it holds, but for now my dash is warning light free.

2002 330XI Saloon
    2005 ZHP
    2013 XC90 R-Design

Love it.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Oh duh!

I thought you had to cut the old connector off the brown wire, add the new blue connector to the end, then re-insert it back into the housing..WTF was I thinking..Of course that's not going to fit. I didn't realize your moving the grounding wire location to that tab. I didn't see it hooked up in Dane's photo because I was looking for the blue connector not red one. My wife was right, I need to pay attention better.

2002 330XI Saloon
    2005 ZHP
    2013 XC90 R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrad View Post
    Oh duh!

I thought you had to cut the old connector off the brown wire, add the new blue connector to the end, then re-insert it back into the housing..WTF was I thinking..Of course that's not going to fit. I didn't realize your moving the grounding wire location to that tab. I didn't see it hooked up in Dane's photo because I was looking for the blue connector not red one. My wife was right, I need to pay attention better.
    Hehe. Lmao.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

If we have trouble getting the plug out of the harness is it ok to just cut the wire free? And leave the plug in place?

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Quote Originally Posted by midlandtech View Post
    If we have trouble getting the plug out of the harness is it ok to just cut the wire free? And leave the plug in place?

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No....I think you want to remove. Drill it out is you have to. That's what I think was done to mine.

I eventually just broke the little tab on the connector and pulled the brown wire out with a pair of needle nose pliers. I just did the other side (rear driver's side). I didn't have a warning light on the dash, but I noticed the passenger side rear tail light that I fixed yesterday was sooo much brighter now then my driver's side one. Night and day I tell ya.

2002 330XI Saloon
    2005 ZHP
    2013 XC90 R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    No....I think you want to remove. Drill it out is you have to. That's what I think was done to mine.
    10-4 only reason I ask is the HK sub amp uses the same type of connector and I found that they can be a monster to remove sometimes

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast