Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: shifter slop

shifter slop

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of all parts that should be replaced to get rid of slop besides a whole new shifter assembly with all new parts? I'm looking for either a kit, or a list of parts that will fail so that i can have my indy do the job for me.

You'll probably find mostly short shift kits out there. I haven't come across any kits for all of the bushings myself, but then again, I haven't really looked. I'm not 100% sure that this is your exact set up, but it should give you and idea of what is involved.

Shifter parts.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

I saw the real oem page. anyone know what the bitch clip is officially called? That and i don't want to replace 200 dollars worth of clips and pins. my tech will charge me like 2 hours to do it if that's the case

We installed the UUC Evo 3 short shifter and DSSR in my 325Ci a few weeks ago, the slop is all still there even with the new shifter and bushings. Mine is caused by something internally in the trans or a worn carrier which is out of spec, basically not fixable with the little parts.
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

so new carrier would fix it? where is this part number on realoem?

I installed the BMW Performance SSK and still have a lot of side to side slop in mine. It probably has a bit to do with the swiveled connection on the selector rod. Just my guess at it.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

I also have the BMW ssk and have shifter slop. Quite annoying to be honest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

So no solutions other than replace everything? that'll piss off the techs.