Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Need some help finding a part for trim that runs along the pillars...

This is the trim in question.... https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Sit...08500/ES78554/

On my car, it's come off on the rear end because I believe it was taken apart and glued together when some sections of the cars were painted years ago. There are 3 mounting tabs that go into the car body and I'm not sure exactly how they attach to the trim because as I said, mine simply looked glued on, which is what I did the first time to fix it. Now, the actual tabs broke since they're old and pulled apart I assume, so I'm looking for new ones.

I'll attach a photo to show the tabs in a few minutes, but I need help finding the part # for those 3 tabs (3 each side) that sit behind the rear door of my sedan (photo will explain better).

Thanks in advance mafia!

Ivan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trim piece is 1 complete part from the front to the back.

There are clips that go into the body and those can be replaced. Part number 51134501967

https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Sit...01967/ES78519/

However the clips on the trim come installed on the trim and are glued on. And over time the issues that you are describing happens.

So you can slide them off and try to glue them back to the trim or replace the complete trim.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Thanks Vas. The clips in the photos on ECS look a bit different as mine have a very flat "back" (the side that attaches to the trim). Not sure if it's because they're broken or different.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaks View Post
    Thanks Vas. The clips in the photos on ECS look a bit different as mine have a very flat "back" (the side that attaches to the trim). Not sure if it's because they're broken or different.
    Here is another image of the clip that is installed on the car.
    https://c1552172.ssl.cf0.rackcdn.com/487652_x800.jpg

You put the clip into the hole in body of the car, then push the center pin in and that locks that clip.

Then the other side which is attached to the actual trim slides over it in 1 direction.

In the picture you posted, both parts of the clip are together.

Hope my explanation is well enough to understand

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post

You put the clip into the hole in body of the car, then push the center pin in and that locks that clip.

Then the other side which is attached to the actual trim slides over it in 1 direction.

Makes perfect sense, thank! Probably a dumb question, but can the other part (part that goes on the trim) be purchased anywhere without getting the trim? Not looking to spend $250+

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post

Makes perfect sense, thanks! Probably a dumb question, but can the other part (part that goes on the trim) be purchased without getting the trim?

That is the kicker. I was not able to find the clips anywhere since they are glued to the inside of the trim.

One of my trim pieces broke in the same location and is currently missing due to the cost of a new one.

The design in general is a bad part on bmw

I agree, the design is flawed. I need to sort the clips/glue on the rear passenger side of my car as well. I'm going to try Gorilla Glue to reattach the clip to the trim.

Thanks guys, I'll get the new clips and figure out something soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast