Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    nike001 Guest
    I've been waiting for this! All that drilling is what scared me into going my route and figuring out how to just fit the whole m3 assembly in place of my old lights..lol

Glad that you transferred over the ZKW lenses..did you modify the cutoff from the AL m3 projectors at all?

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    I've been waiting for this! All that drilling is what scared me into going my route and figuring out how to just fit the whole m3 assembly in place of my old lights..lol

Glad that you transferred over the ZKW lenses..did you modify the cutoff from the AL m3 projectors at all?
    I hear you about the drilling and trimming....I was scared as well but when I figured it out, I had BP take lots of pics so I can work out this DIY
    When I transferred my ZKW lens, I did not modify the cutoff on the M3 projector assembly. I have some more reading to do before even thinking of doing this. From what I have read so far it is not a hard process so I will have to see...

Boy did the improved light output make my ride home much safer and enjoyable.
    Night and day, folks.

Good knowing that this will not be a problem years down the road again. Thanks for helping me get set up with this awesome swap, C.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks for posting this thorough DIY, Charlie
    Jon Estrella - 997 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Au2bahn View Post
    Thanks for posting this thorough DIY, Charlie
    Anytime! I will be coming down for the next annual ZHP Mafia reunion and will be driving down....perhaps we all can meet up to form a caravan when that time comes

If you have any question concerning my DIY please feel free to PM me.

Those that have done this mod, was the old ZKW reflector cracked and warped or was it simply burned out on the surface?
    2004 ZHP * IMOLAROT II * OEM Clears * ///M Strut * CoolantSnitch

Ok, so any ideas of "restoring" the OEM bowls are useless. I've spent a lot of time last night looking into various paths to take with solving this and currently I thunk putting FXR projectors into the stock housing much like what you've done here is the way to go. Apparently the light output is extremely good and the pair of brand news ones cost $135. All of the things in this DIY apply but the actual cutout will vary a bit.
    2004 ZHP * IMOLAROT II * OEM Clears * ///M Strut * CoolantSnitch

Huge thank you for putting this together, Charlie.

This is one of the best DIYs I've ever seen.

-Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast