Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

How do I get rid of skunk smell???

Car in front of me a week ago decided to slowly roll over a skunk. The skunk got up and then scurried over to my car "kamikaze style" and unloaded on me while it died. My windows were down at this point. Its been a week and every time I get in my car I smell the odor and nearly puke...

what

do

I

dew?

: Umnitza angel eyes 6000k : HID lowbeams 6000k : HID foglights 3000k : Blacked out corner lights and sidemarkers : Smoked Eagle eye LED tail lights : 15% tint on all windows : powdercoated black 135s with Michelin Pilot Sport a/s : Koni adjustable coilovers with adjustable struts : AA tune : K & N cold air intake : Highline tuning cat back exhaust : CDV delete : 2 zhpmafia stickers (plus 25 bhp each) :

I can't even begin to imagine how much that sucks

here is an interesting step-by-step cure, article that should solve your problem
    http://www.streetarticles.com/pets/h...l-out-of-a-car
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

nike001 Guest
    idk. go thru a car wash? One that does one of those undercarriage sprays. That might help

found this online...

Begin with an Undercarriage Wash

Before taking a car to a professional detailer to get rid of the odor, take the vehicle to an automatic car wash that offers the option of an undercarriage wash. Run it through an undercarriage wash once or even twice. This is sometimes all it takes to get rid of the smell of skunk on a car. If this does not completely get rid of the smell of skunk, try one or more of the following treatments.

Precautionary Statement

Before mixing the ingredients for the following homemade skunk smell solution, keep in mind that it must be mixed shortly before using, and it must not be placed in a closed container. Also, be sure to try the homemade skunk smell solution or tomato juice on an inconspicuous area before applying it to painted or metallic surfaces.

Homemade Skunk Smell Solution

A simple homemade solution can be used to get rid of the smell of skunk on a car, and all that is required is two quarts of 3% hydrogen peroxide, one-half cup of baking soda, and three teaspoons of dishwashing liquid. You will also need a bucket and a clean rag or a soft-bristled scrub brush.

Once the ingredients are combined, apply it liberally to any areas beneath the car including the tires, rims, and the undercarriage. Let your nose guide you. Allow the homemade solution to work for several minutes, and rinse it away with clear water.

Tomato Juice

The natural acid in tomato juice works well to neutralize the smell left behind by a skunk. Apply tomato juice to the tires, rims, and undercarriage of the car to get rid of the smell of skunk. A second application might be necessary before rinsing it away with clear water.

Ground Coffee for Interior Odors

The smell of skunk on the outside of a car quite often makes its way to the inside of a car. To get rid of the lingering smell of skunk inside of a car, place a shallow bowl of fresh ground coffee on the floor. Allow it to absorb odors for at least twenty-four hours before removing. The smell of coffee will be far better than the smell of skunk, and both odors will finally dissipate and leave behind a clean fresh scent.

Man JP! You are a man full of knowledge

I can't imagine what this is like to have a skunk unload on a car....hope OP can get rid of the smell....

I dunno if this is going to help or not, but in my old car I would get a bit of moldy/mildew smell from time to time. I would also just do this to keep the car smelling fresh.

I liberally sprinkle baking soda on the floormats. Be generous. Let it sit for about a day, then vacuum it all out. Then take some slices of citrus fruits and leave those around on paper towels in the car. Let that sit overnight. Then take some coffee beans and leave those in there for a day. Your car should smell pretty good at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Man JP! You are a man full of knowledge

I can't imagine what this is like to have a skunk unload on a car....hope OP can get rid of the smell....
    the google box in the corner of my firefox gets quite a workout... actually i love nat geo / animal planet and I swear I saw a show about skunks last week. I think they said that skunk smell can stay up to a month sometimes

These are some great suggestions guys!

I used Ozium on the used cars I bought, especially if the previous owner smoked or if I had a passenger that smoked (happened while I was in the Navy). Got rid of the smoke smell wonderfully. Just don't breathe it in. Spray liberally in your car, leave the doors closed for a while, open the doors and let it air out overnight (if you have a garage). Otherwise, drive with the windows open for a while.

I also want to try Zeolite (natural odor absorbing mineral). I've heard some good things about it. I've seen it on Amazon (a ZHPMafia affiliate) for $11.99.

Not sure if either of these would work for skunk though. I'm diggin the coffee ground idea. It would definately help me in the morning. That might be part of my next interior detail.

Should this go in the detailing subforum?

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

I'd say a hybrid of the H2O2 solution on the exterior and baking soda/coffee for the interior would fix darn near any smells

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Fill the upholders with baking soda? LOL it's easy to swap out since you can pull the upholders out of the console to dump. I wonder if it helps when passengers have an excess odor discharge through flatulence.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC