Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I kind of had a unique situation when I got mine.

My car originally had an aFe intake on it when I bought it from previous owner. I wanted everything to be OEM on the car, so I was looking for a BMW intake. That BMW Performance intake popped up, at a great price, so I snagged it. I didn't price the stock intake but I imagine it would have been in the ballpark of what I paid for the BMW Performance intake.

The new intake matches my BMW Performance CF strut brace.

So that's mostly why I went with the CF intake instead of the basic BMW intake.

I sold my AFe intake along with the Active Autowerke strut brace that was originally on my car. I used that money to fund part of the purchase of my BMW Performance parts. Worked out well.

I Bit the bullet and went ahead and ordered this sunday. It should be shipping today. If all goes well, i may have it before the holiday weekend. If so, ill try to post some pics and a sound clip before and after.... Ill also give a report. Normally, "that thing looks so cool" adds 7+ horsepower....so if it sounds better too, im thinking ill end up with 300+ rwhp.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    I Bit the bullet and went ahead and ordered this sunday. It should be shipping today. If all goes well, i may have it before the holiday weekend. If so, ill try to post some pics and a sound clip before and after.... Ill also give a report. Normally, "that thing looks so cool" adds 7+ horsepower....so if it sounds better too, im thinking ill end up with 300+ rwhp.
    Don't forget the "ZHP MAFIA" sticker adds 5 HP........
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Don't forget the "ZHP MAFIA" sticker adds 5 HP........
    Good call, DW. But we dynoed the car with the sticker on -- added 8 HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post

I sold my AFe intake along with the Active Autowerke strut brace that was originally on my car. I used that money to fund part of the purchase of my BMW Performance parts. Worked out well.
    I'm debating about the strut brace.. and was leaning towards the AA one after my conversation with them yesterday. The other choice is the BMW performance one. My issue is buying it for what it does more than how it looks. If it was looks BMW performance hands down. For the same money... what to do?? Now if you still had yours and saved me dollars that would have made life easy.

BTW could you tell a driving difference between the two strut braces??
    Last edited by Jon D; 12-28-2010 at 09:12 AM.
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

I do not drive the car aggressively enough, Jon. Therefore, I cannot tell you the difference between the two braces. The only difference is in looks, I imagine.

I sold that aFe and strut brace, by the way, to ZSP-Mafia (Jim). He bought it from me when ZHP Mafia was only available on Facebook. Seems like a long time ago.

The important thing for me is that the brace and the intake now match. I would not want a mismatched set -- especially when I cannot tell the difference from a performance standpoint. I like symmetry. The fact that both parts are BMW Performance parts makes me feel that the world is right. LOL.

Delivery date for the new intake, 12/30. Weekend fun Ftw!
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

I've got one... I spoke with the Dinan expert at Flow BMW in Winston Salem and he said it was basically the same as the new style Dinan. Good for 1-3 horse by itself. He recomended the Dinan TB and exhaust to go with it (of course). I'd say the only psuedo-notable thing is the sound. It may be a little lower of a grunt now.
    FullyBalanced

daily driver - 2002 Honda Civic LX, Nighthawk Black, cold air intake
    summer ride - 2004 BMW 330i ZHP, Imola, 6MT, black leather, silver cube, cold weather package, xenons, BMW Performance stuff, ///M stuff, ACS stuff
    winter ride - 1997 Toyota Landcruiser FZJ80, 40th Anniversary, factory front and rear lockers, antique sage pearl, lifted and armored

If you're looking at strut bars and aren't into the bling thing then look at the OEM M3 bar. I just picked one up used and saved some real $$$ compared to the Performance CF piece.

The only thing holding me back from the bmw strut bar is the shape. Shouldn't a strut bar be as straight as possible? Or is the carbon fiber solid enough so as not to flex at all under stress?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast