Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Clutch Fluid flush?

I havent dove into this yet, I'm assuming there is a bleed valve or nipple down around the slave cylinder somewhere?

I have a pressure bleeder for brakes and have done that, just trying to understand the 'other end' of the clutch a little before I dive in.......

thanks-
    Tim

Hope this helps, snagged it from AllData, and modified the page to keep secret my source!
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks! Do I really need the 'special tool'??
    Tim

Nope, and sorry about that. A lot fo the repair instructions from AllData always use the BMW special tools. Most are things like pullers and breathers and bleeders. Finding a good non-BMW alternate is perfectly fine.

I bled my clutch slave without the special tool because I didn't remove the slave from the transmission housing. I just attached the power bleeder to the brake fluid reservoir (as if I were going to bleed the brakes), pressurized it, got under the car, attached a catch bottle tube to the bleeder valve, and opened it. The brake fluid slowly flowed into my catch bottle.

Since I didn't detach the slave, it's possible I left a bubble or two trapped in there, but I figured with the pressure on the reservoir, it should force out any bubbles.

Clutch Fluid flush?

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    I bled my clutch slave without the special tool because I didn't remove the slave from the transmission housing. I just attached the power bleeder to the brake fluid reservoir (as if I were going to bleed the brakes), pressurized it, got under the car, attached a catch bottle tube to the bleeder valve, and opened it. The brake fluid slowly flowed into my catch bottle.

Since I didn't detach the slave, it's possible I left a bubble or two trapped in there, but I figured with the pressure on the reservoir, it should force out any bubbles.
    +1. Good post!

I also would not want to remove the slave just to bleed it. When I did it, It was a PITA to hold it in place and apply the necessary force to get the bolt threads to show enough so I could get thread engagement on the fasteners.

Blackberry. Tapatalk.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights