Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Winter Washing Options

So, for those who live in an area where the winter climate precludes hand washing of your baby, what is the preferred option for keeping her clean with the least amount of damage.

Brushless car wash? Neoprene auto wash?

My 325 had tons of swirl marks so I wasn't as concerned. The ZHP, however, has great looking paint and I'd like to keep it that way.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I have done this twice this winter. Costs me 3 bux each time. I roll into a wash it yourself car wash.

1. Rinse and get car wet.
    2. Then, Put it on soapy foam brush setting. Do not use the brush on the car. I just splatter soap all over the car....and put the brush away.
    3. I then pull out my micro fiber rag/towel, and wash the entire car.
    4. Rinse, and make sure you don't get too close with the high pressure jet, as you can actually force dirt into the wax.
    5. Final rinse with the DI H2O.
    6. Then take it for a spin dry...to my house....and I finish drying there.
    7. If I missed any spots...I will touch up with Meguilers spray detailer.

Idk if this is best...but it works. Pretty good for me while the hoses are frozen.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I like it. Thanks.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

its what I do. No prob...lol

The other option is that waterless car wash....

Optimum No Rinse Wash.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

That's why you're the man. Was just getting ready to search for that thread.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Dane's advice is good. Also, its nice if you can find a quality touchless wash for when you're in a hurry and don't have time to do all those steps or are on your way someplace wearing nice clothes. Avoid the places that have those tracks you drive into. You'll damage your wheels or bottom out the car (or both).

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Dane's advice is good. Also, its nice if you can find a quality touchless wash for when you're in a hurry and don't have time to do all those steps or are on your way someplace wearing nice clothes. Avoid the places that have those tracks you drive into. You'll damage your wheels or bottom out the car (or both).
    Good stuff-- Got a touchless right around the corner. Between that and Dane's post I'll be good to go.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

I thought the touchless ones used enough water pressure to damage your doors seals and stuff... I always avoided the one right by my house.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Yeah...those are a last resort for me. Additionally...if my car is just a lil dusty (in the winter).....I won't wash.

My current BMWs have never seen anything other than a hand wash. Luckily the weather cooperates. None of that 20-degree weather here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast