Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone know anything about Schmiedmann Headers

Performance headers with catalytic converters built in for $840 shipped to the U.S. Looks like a solution for those of use that still want a chance at passing an emissions test. Anyone ever use any of Schmeidmann's stuff? Or know of anyone that used these specific headers?

http://www.schmiedmann.es/3_series/E...ge17.htm#16694

That's a good deal! Considering the SuperSprint Full Exhuast is about 3 times that price.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

I've looked at their site before but never bought anything. I might be interested in this but would like to know if you can pass smog before I drop $$$ on it.

Justin, you are comparing a street set of headers to a full race set. not exactly an apples to oranges judgement. A better comparison would be some eBay headers

JP, the SuperSprint full exhaust has a Sport Cat option right after the headers, the same as this set up.

OP, this has bungs for oxygen sensors, so you won't throw codes when installed properly. And I'm sure this will pass Smog if they do the sniffer in your county. You will have no issues with CEL with the OBDII check.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

i swore it said these are for "off road use" only

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    i swore it said these are for "off road use" only

Lol.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

By off road I meant not street legal... apparently I was correct

"Legal only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway. Not applicable or intended for street or highway use."

http://www.supersprintna.com/product...earch_model/82

Yeah.ino.says that on a lot of Aftermarket stuff.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/cert/factshts/catcvrts.pdf

According to the EPA it is illegal to move the placement of the cats. I doubt the EPA is going around checking cars, but worth knowing. After reading the EPA blurb, I'm considering going with the magnaflow exhaust manifold because their website says it street legal.

A set will run around $1500

If you have the cash to spend on them. They're like $700 a pop!

Jon (Au2bahn) recently purchased them and put them on his ESS ZHP. You should PM him.

And JP, that statement just frees the vendor of any legally binding issues if you were to fail emissions or be detained for illegal exhaust.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast