Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

View Poll Results: What temp to get?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4300k (oem)

13 72.22%
  • 5000k (tint of blue)

5 27.78%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    makes sense, maybe those are 4300k then. they're in a corner of my garage and I don't feel like going out there to check

I haz no Xe.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

I'm using Philips Ultinon 6000K. Those bad boys 3 years ago were $300/pair. When I compare them to my stock 4300K Philips setup...lumens on the ground suffers only slightly when wet out at night time. 6000K isn't that good for using bi-xenon since higher temperatures don't project as far. But when it's dry I love the color laid on the ground and the intensity of true color reflection. It maybe because I spent $300 on these bulbs. Or it maybe a placebo effect that I spent $300 on the bulbs. LOL. I had one light prematurely die before the 1 year warranty ran out and color shift differences were not even an issue. I know that's what you get with an expensive bulb that has gone through extensive R&D just like a BMW does. I used a cheap 6000K bulb before and it surely didn't have the same output and longevity that this Ultinon bulb has offered me.

Next time though, I'd get 5000K from GE if Philips doesn't offer that temperature. I just like how true everything at night seems, color wise that I miss when I drive my Dad's 540i with my OEM bulbs installed. Good luck on your search!
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

lol...mines not an option, but I'm running 3K

here's a few pics of them. And I'll admit it, first thought is that they woudn't be good for driving, but actually, i have the same output as I did with OEM (no loss of vision distance) and they come in handy for foggy/rainy conditions. ....just a thought and add another option for you to think about! If i didn't have 3k, I'd probably do 5k. (<-- Planning on doing that when I buy a 135i.)

e46 330Ci &amp; e46 ///M3 by Center SpotLight Media (SoloEuro), on Flickr

e46 Black &amp; Yellow by Center SpotLight Media (SoloEuro), on Flickr

Hope this info helps in your decision!

3000K is no lie. It projects farther and penetrates deeper.

--Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

I runn 6000 in my depos. Compared to my old zkw's, it like friekin looking into the sun! Lol. I personally love the color. Everyone does that I have asked about it. Its just a touch bluer than oem's......but not ricey blue.

On tapa or I wld vote ur poll that way.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

I'm confused--you had OEM ZKW bi-xenons and now you run Depo single xenons instead?

BTW, If anyone is looking to replace their OEM Philips bulbs with, well OEM Phillips bulbs, I've bought from this site a few times. Bulbs are legit, and a pair for $95 is a great deal:
    http://www.autogoody.com/servlet/the...LBS/Categories

Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    I'm confused--you had OEM ZKW bi-xenons and now you run Depo single xenons instead?
    Yup. Sure do. I did a big lighting write up a long time ago about it, but basically at the time that was the only solution to the burnt bowl issue on the zkw's. I couldnt see at all at night, so i had to do something. All in all im happy with them for the amount of $ i put into them fwiw.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    Yup. Sure do. I did a big lighting write up a long time ago about it, but basically at the time that was the only solution to the burnt bowl issue on the zkw's. I couldnt see at all at night, so i had to do something. All in all im happy with them for the amount of $ i put into them fwiw.
    You did the right thing. Bi-Xenons are overrated; most of the time you can't use your highs anyway because there are others on the road. Necessity over luxury.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

+1 halogens reign king over distance & penetration while HID is great for short distance.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast