If you've ever spent some time on E46 Fanatics researching any technical stuff, there's a good chance you came across a post by Seth from JB Eurotech. Seth is one of the most knowledgeable guys in the country when it comes to the E46 (and many other BMW's). I am fortunate to have JB Eurotech as my local independent BMW repair shop.

I was experiencing a little shimmy at low speeds and some very un-BMW-like squirming during hard braking. My suspicion was that the front control arm bushings were going bad. I did a little research and found that for my needs the Powerflex bushings looked to be the best option.

I also needed an alignment (was overdue in fact) so when Seth called me to chi-chat on some other stuff a couple weeks ago I mentioned that I needed an alignment. He asked what else I wanted done and when I mentioned the FCAB's, he recommended getting those done before the alignment.

Well, I got it all done today and I am VERY pleased with the results. The car tracks straight and true & the shimmy is gone from the front. The turn-in is sharp and crisp like it was when I first bought the car. I highly recommend the Powerflex bushings.

BTW, here's a look at the sweet alignment setup that JB Eurotech uses.