Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Powerflex FCAB's Installed and Alignment Done Today

If you've ever spent some time on E46 Fanatics researching any technical stuff, there's a good chance you came across a post by Seth from JB Eurotech. Seth is one of the most knowledgeable guys in the country when it comes to the E46 (and many other BMW's). I am fortunate to have JB Eurotech as my local independent BMW repair shop.

I was experiencing a little shimmy at low speeds and some very un-BMW-like squirming during hard braking. My suspicion was that the front control arm bushings were going bad. I did a little research and found that for my needs the Powerflex bushings looked to be the best option.

I also needed an alignment (was overdue in fact) so when Seth called me to chi-chat on some other stuff a couple weeks ago I mentioned that I needed an alignment. He asked what else I wanted done and when I mentioned the FCAB's, he recommended getting those done before the alignment.

Well, I got it all done today and I am VERY pleased with the results. The car tracks straight and true & the shimmy is gone from the front. The turn-in is sharp and crisp like it was when I first bought the car. I highly recommend the Powerflex bushings.

BTW, here's a look at the sweet alignment setup that JB Eurotech uses.

Good deal Eli....is there a pic there?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

It's a YouTube vid Dane. You surfing from behind a firewall?

Yep. I see the YouTube video. It's titled: Touchless Alignment Equipment from JB Eurotech

Droid isn't picking it up. I'll swing by YouTube...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Are the Powerflex made of rubber or poly?

Been researching on fcab/rtab's and seems like there is a huge debate on using poly vs. rubber.

I have heard the Powerflex are a bit of a harsher ride? What do you think Eli?

It's true that poly bushings are going to be stiffer than rubber. In this case, the poly is the best choice for my setup because of my KW coilovers and my sporting driving style versus a more relaxed drive.

I wouldn't call them harsh at all.

Autozone.com
    Last time I replaced bushings in a car ( a fox body mustang) I was advised to go polyhraphite vs polyurethane to avoid squeaking. Any truth?
    -ADAM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast