Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey Im Vlad and I need some assistance

Well here it is, I'm thinking of buying an 05 ZHP automatic next month, its a great car I've been saving up since July and I want it badly. The problem is that my dad is suggesting I should buy something else like a hyundai or a audi because he fears that i will have to pay alot for maintenance just like his 01 740il sport. I told him that 7 series and 3 series are different. Also I forgot to tell that im 17, make about $500-$600 a month, so do you all think I should get a sexy zhp or buy a crappy car and save up for college next fall? Please I want answers from people who own a 05 zhp, and can give me info about maintainance cost. One last thing is I want to get it from an online auction like copart or iaai with low miles, and only damage to the back of the car.

welcome to the site. to answer your question, yes it most likely will be more expensive than a new efficient car with a warranty that will cost you about the same. Its a matter of what your priorities are. there will definitely be some issues you will have to deal with in any 6 year old car, its just that the BMW will have a larger associated cost when dealing with issues.

e.g. my serpentine belt snapped today so my car is at the shop. I dont even want to think about what my bill will be when i get it back

nike001 Guest
    Audi maintenance is just as bad, if not worse. The older ones are electrical messes. Maintenance all depends on what it already has done to it. You can search long enough to find one that has most maintenance done to last for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post

e.g. my serpentine belt snapped today so my car is at the shop. I dont even want to think about what my bill will be when i get it back
    That's an easy fix. All you need is a new belt. That DIY can be done in under 45 minutes. Half that if you've done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    Audi maintenance is just as bad, if not worse. The older ones are electrical messes. Maintenance all depends on what it already has done to it. You can search long enough to find one that has most maintenance done to last for a while.

That's an easy fix. All you need is a new belt. That DIY can be done in under 45 minutes. Half that if you've done it before.
    +1 even easier with a helper

Quote Originally Posted by vkhalus View Post
    Well here it is, I'm thinking of buying an 05 ZHP automatic next month, its a great car I've been saving up since July and I want it badly. The problem is that my dad is suggesting I should buy something else like a hyundai or a audi because he fears that i will have to pay alot for maintenance just like his 01 740il sport. I told him that 7 series and 3 series are different. Also I forgot to tell that im 17, make about $500-$600 a month, so do you all think I should get a sexy zhp or buy a crappy car and save up for college next fall? Please I want answers from people who own a 05 zhp, and can give me info about maintainance cost. One last thing is I want to get it from an online auction like copart or iaai with low miles, and only damage to the back of the car.
    Maintenance records with this car?

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    I know, was just making a point to OP about BMW vs. other, we can always talk about coolant system, subframe, etc. The belt just messed up my schedule today and I have a feeling there might be more messed up in there. My cousin works at the dealer so he will work on my car himself which is a big reason for why I decided to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I know, was just making a point to OP about BMW vs. other, we can always talk about coolant system, subframe, etc. The belt just messed up my schedule today and I have a feeling there might be more messed up in there. My cousin works at the dealer so he will work on my car himself which is a big reason for why I decided to do that.
    Quick thread jack- Hermes, how many miles on that belt before it let go? And do you know which brand belt it was?

Interested in the data points.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Welcome.

Are you going to fix this car yourself or bring it to a shop?

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Welcome.

Are you going to fix this car yourself or bring it to a shop?
    Great question.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by vkhalus View Post
    One last thing is I want to get it from an online auction like copart or iaai with low miles, and only damage to the back of the car.
    Definitely do not do this.

The only way you'll get a good ZHP that doesn't need anything for a while is by buying from a private party who has kept up with maintenance.

Auction cars have zero in the way of proven service history and, in the case of an E46, will need every known maintenance item and or repair. And probably $700+ in tires.

That's why neglected cars end up at auction: no dealer wants to spend the money to make them viable for sale.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast