Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 326 of 349 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 3481
    Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    I saw this on mine as well when i retrofitted the FXR bixenon projector bowls. I went ahead and used shrink wrap on all of that wiring as well as the bixenon switch plug for the high beam which is inside the housing. those wires are subject to tons of heat and if 0 moisture as well... recipe for cracked insulation.
    Luckily I can rewire this without any difficulty and yes, I will also use some heat shrink where needed. At least this way my lights will be good to go for another 10 years or so

On another note the Base where I work at in all of their combined wisdom decided to install a new speed bump on the exit lanes of the base and chose one that sits relatively high with retractable spikes. Bad news for all people with low sports cars! That includes BMWs by the way... I have had several people contact me since the installation of this blasted speed bump regarding what they can do. Since the installation of this "wonderful" speed bump my poor ZHP has suffered. There is a heavy duty metal plate that is mounted underneath the engine protecting it and the oil pan. This part looks to be heavy duty and does its job very well I might add. When I had my ZHP on the lift last week I immediately discovered this panel dented in and requiring replacement. Fortunately everything else (the engine and oil pan) was not damaged but now I have to replace this panel so that I know my ZHP will be perfect again.

Looks like once I am able to source another panel, I will be raising my ZHP an inch...as much as I really love the current look of my car I'm at the point right now questioning why I continue to do this....
    Last edited by cakM3; 04-21-2017 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    This affects all BMWs. Our e53 was the same way as well as Kristen's 135
    dang. i will be checking my ZKWs before they go into the Touring... thanks for the PSA BP and charlie!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Soon I will have everything needed to go forward with my rear Performance 135i caliier upgrade...

Got the driver's side Performance rotors off my M3 while upgrading rear Brembo BBKs on it

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk Pro

I now have everything I need to complete the BMW Performance 135i BBK retrofit to my ZHP.

- Performance 135i rear calipers.....check
    - extra long stainless steel brake lines.....check
    - 135i brake pads.....check
    - Performance M3 cross drilled rotors.....check

And patience.....check!! Just waiting for a good weekend to start this project

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk Pro

Good stuff

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    I saw this on mine as well when i retrofitted the FXR bixenon projector bowls. I went ahead and used shrink wrap on all of that wiring as well as the bixenon switch plug for the high beam which is inside the housing. those wires are subject to tons of heat and if 0 moisture as well... recipe for cracked insulation.
    When I put AL's in my 2003 I noticed the same thing. Calcium deposits as well. Great recipe for a pacific northwest car. pffff
    2003 Imola on Alcantara
    Slowly Upgrading

Some more prep going towards my ZHP project I will be doing soon. I have to get more cutting disks for my dremel and new brake fluid. Starting to feel that all too familiar mod itch again.... the cycle is pointed to my trusty ZHP again Time to organize everything so I can be ready to start this much anticipated project

I know I will have to work on getting this installed on the ZHP this year as well... I still have not forgotten this project...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Starting to get messages from people on Facebook when I will be starting this project. Just waiting for a good weekend where weather will be awesome on both days so I can start this project. I would like to get lots of pictures so adequate sunlight is a must... there will be a DIY so that others who would like to install the full BMW Performance BBK will be able to do so

Awesome work. I'm sure folks will appreciate the DIY
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Page 326 of 349 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336 ... LastLast