Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: Perfect Balance

Perfect Balance

I am the original owner and remember through regular cleaning of my 135's, the wheel/tire combo was perfectly balanced with no wheel weights on any rim. That is still amazing to me... is this normal practice/precicion for BMW?
    TSE3 Exhaust,Strut Barbarian,EVO3/DSSR,Trans. Mounts,BavAuto Perf. Coils,Black Kidneys,Sharked,Aux Input,12V pwr adapter,Silver Cube,Zeckhausen CDV,AFE Pro DRY S,A22 eyebrows/reflectors,Xenesis TruMatch,Solaris Invisibulbs,KUHMO Ecsta 4X,18" ASA AR5,Carbon/Black Emblems,De-Badged
    Vinyl smoked head/taillights,LED smoked sidemarkers,Sirius/dash bracket,3M 35% front-20% rear,MY2005/01

No, it's not. If you don't need weights, that would be a function of your tires' precision manufacturing.

What make & model tire are you running?

I'd say it's more likely the weights were installed on the inside of the rim. Most shops will do it for a couple extra bucks. It's just a matter of balancing, marking the tire/rim, breaking the seal, affixing the weights on the inside, re-mount tire and confirm balance.

William.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

I had the 135's with Michelin Pilot Sports straight from the factory. I was curious about possible inside the rim weights but when I had new tires installed I checked. Just always baffled by it. I remember asking the tire installer too and he had never seen that before. To attest to the "perfect balance" I had 155 MPH set on cruise control on the autobahn heading to Amsterdam and the ride was very smooth and secure!!
    TSE3 Exhaust,Strut Barbarian,EVO3/DSSR,Trans. Mounts,BavAuto Perf. Coils,Black Kidneys,Sharked,Aux Input,12V pwr adapter,Silver Cube,Zeckhausen CDV,AFE Pro DRY S,A22 eyebrows/reflectors,Xenesis TruMatch,Solaris Invisibulbs,KUHMO Ecsta 4X,18" ASA AR5,Carbon/Black Emblems,De-Badged
    Vinyl smoked head/taillights,LED smoked sidemarkers,Sirius/dash bracket,3M 35% front-20% rear,MY2005/01