Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ok. Good info. Thanks.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Hmmm.....I just looked at an 04 owners manual from here....

http://www.linquist.net/motorsports/bmw/3manuals

.....and that one doesn't mention the snowflake automatically coming on in AUTO mode so it looks like it's possible your 325 was different. What year was it? Strange that there are different manuals available for the same year cars. They even have different pics on the covers.

My 325 was an 03. Could be the difference.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I will leave it on and see what it does now cause I'm curious. I just find it so strange that the a/c light being on doesn't mean that the a/c is on, but that it has the potential to be on of need be. But I guess that is all part of having an automatic system like that. This is my first one.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

I always just leave mine in manual mode. I didn't like how the fan goes wild sometimes trying to get to the set temp as quick as possible. And I like being able to set it so I have it blowing on my feet and from the dash vents equally rather than having it blow mainly from the dash vents like it seemed to do when I used Auto.

It will always be on in Auto. Every car is like this, not just the e46 or 330. All cars period. The AC is not on like they said but is allows the dehumidifier to run so the windows do no fog up even on recycle.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Quote Originally Posted by jjcools View Post
    It will always be on in Auto. Every car is like this, not just the e46 or 330. All cars period. The AC is not on like they said but is allows the dehumidifier to run so the windows do no fog up even on recycle.
    interesting, though, my 2003 does not behave this way. the AC is not always on in AUTO mode.
    - now with 5 speeds

That is odd then cause every car that I have had or driven with climate control, the AC light is on while full auto is set up.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Mine doesn't come on, but I usually do put it on anyway, even when I'm blowing heat. Keeping the snowflake on prevents the windows from fogging up, at least thats what works for me.

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
    -Alex

Yeah......you will be unecessarily be running your AC compressor though....correct?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast