Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

General, maintenance...needs to be more specific.

I am having a hard time being clear about what to post in general and what to post in maintenance - if you look at the General section you will see a bunch of posts about mechanical/repair issues members having on their car - you will see the same type of post in maintenance section. To add to the confusion, the General section has all kinds of misc. stuff, too - which don't have any mechanical/car-problem oriented content. (IMO, those are the only posts that should be in that section)

One of the following should be done (IMO)
    incorporate mechanical problems (what's wrong with my car, what's this noise, how do I do this/that) into the "maintenance" section and the section should be renamed "mechanical/maintenance", OR:
    A new section for purely "problem"/mechanical/repair questions (what's wrong with my car-stuff), right next to the maint. section.

In any case, Mechanical problems etc should not be in the "general" section with "why did you buy a ZHP" and "what interior do you have" and "number of ZHPs built" etc. Mechanical questions about what's wrong with our cars is not something general, it's a specific question about a specific problem, and can't belong in the general discussion section of cars in ...well, GENERAL

Although not a BMW site, take a look at http://www.elantraclub.com/forum/index.php? and see how well and logical the sections are divided - they have a lot of sections, scroll down needed)
    (their general content IS really general and car-problem questions are in the "maintenance" section). The general is really a general discussion (what do you like about your Elantra, how many miles, what color, etc.)
    Even with an extensive number of sections, It's one of the best organized car forums I have ever seen.

Thanks IA.
    Last edited by Washburn; 12-23-2010 at 09:08 AM.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Wash, thank you for the thoughtful post. I agree with you. Look for the changes posthaste.

Thanks Marcus - I admire your constantly quick responses to suggestions and how fast you act. Great work!
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Just saying, I have really enjoy watching this site evolve.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

I was just sitting at my desk at work (working feverishly on posting at zhpmafia, of course) and was looking through the forums wondering what category i should post my "my snowflake wont leave me alone post". Seriously not 10 minutes ago. I agree we should standardize now, and we will all be better for it later. Thanks for all you do Marcus, and good point Washburn.
    ps- the "what i like about my elantra" section sounds like a blast!
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

haha -Thanks.
    I know, most BMW owners don't also have an Elantra driving wifey, but man that car is bullet proof - 155k or so, and not a single repair to date, or even a creak from the dash...it's quiet, gets about 30mpg, looks better than most econo cars, interior is VERY well put together, and really is fun to drive, and pretty damn quick, too (for an econo car) Yep, there's quite a bit to like about it.

Done.

Tell me what you guys think.

I will start moving the maint stuff to the maint section...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dane, thanks for doing that.

Great! Thanks for everything, guys!
    (there's a few topics that can moved to the new Mechanical section as well)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast