Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reputable Wheel Refinishing in DelMarVa?

Does anyone in the DelMarVa locale have experience using a wheel refinishing place? My wheels have a mixture of curb rash, peeling, and bubbling going on and I would like to get a quote to get them redone. I'm located in Baltimore so I'll even make a trip up to Southern PA/NJ since it's about as far of a drive as some parts of VA.

Thanks!

in for answer... I would also like to know.
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

I had a good experience about a year ago with Wheel Worx in Millersville, MD. www.whlworx.com. Dad borrowed the ZHP and caught a curb at the outlet mall with one of the front rims. Scuffed up the style 135 wheel pretty badly. Bruce was very accommodating in taking care of the repair in a few days' time. Best to leave the wheel(s) with them if you can, rather then leaving the whole car with them. Shop was behind his home, due to the economic downturn. Unfortunately I don't have any photos, but they did a very good job. I intend to take some of my others in to him soon, as I have a square wheel (bent & causing a vibration at speed), and repair the damage from the last shop that put on my tires really chewed up the rims *&#$#*&#! after I specifically asked if these rims would be a problem for them. Not going back to that tire shop, but def. will be back to Wheel Worx!

Sorry, failed to include the link to the pricing above: http://www.whlworx.com/Wheel_Worx_FAQs.htm#Pricing

Thanks for the reply brett, I'll definitely be contacting them to see what they can do for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sum1orotha View Post
    Thanks for the reply brett, I'll definitely be contacting them to see what they can do for me.
    Sounds like a plan. If you are not in a huge hurry for the repairs, I am hoping to take my style 135's to them this week, if I can break away from work. I can post some before and after photos accordingly if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    Sounds like a plan. If you are not in a huge hurry for the repairs, I am hoping to take my style 135's to them this week, if I can break away from work. I can post some before and after photos accordingly if you like.
    Wow, I really let this thread die...

Brett did you take your 135's to them for refinishing? Can you post pictures?

I'm debating whether I want to refinish my 135s now, or hold off and grab up some new rims for spring/summer coming up...

Wonder what places normally charge for refinishing a wheel that ONLY has mild curb rash/peeling etc, and NO structural damage like bent, etc.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Prolly $100-$150?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

That's for one wheel, huh? damn!
    I am debating if I should get the wheels refinished or just sell as-is...

Any idea what a set of good condition (say, mild curb rash on 2 wheels) ZHP wheels can go for? Trying to decide on an asking price when the time comes...

Sorry for the slight thread-jack
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast