Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Another option for bi-xenons: Magneti Marelli OEM replacements

So I've been considering getting my ZKWs fixed or replaced or rebuilding them etc. Them suffer from the same burnt projector bowls that everyone else has in their ZKWs.

My friend who owns a BMW repair shop looked up the part # for the bi-xenon sedan replacement using the aftermarket parts company they use as a supplier and found these:

Magneti Marelli

The pair would be about $1k total and would have a 2 year warranty on them. The $1k includes bulbs, ballasts etc--everything. They are factory screw in, fully plug and play, etc.

After a bit of research, I have determined that Magneti Marelli is BMW OEM supplier "AL." These replacement headlights are indeed OEM AL bi-xenons!. The replacements are full headlight assemblies--ballasts, bulbs, housings etc. They are a direct fit and direct plug and play for your old headlights.

Jump down a few posts to see pictures of the headlights in the boxes, installed and the cutoff line.
    Last edited by sna77; 12-01-2011 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Edited to update data with findings

Steve,

So this is the whole headlight assembly? It would be easier to swap out if you were willing to spend $1k rather than taking the headlight assembly completely apart to swap out projector assemblies Nice find Steve

Complete headlight assembly, ballast, ignitors, bulbs included. Would take about 5 minutes to drop these in... Plus a 2 year warranty on them...

Are they any better than the ZKW''s? Of will you be dropping $1k/2years to have SAT light output.

Would it make more sense to drop $2k on AL's that will last 10+ years?

Tis another option though. Thanks.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

If they are equal to the ZKWs, I would say thats worth it. I had him order them and am going to check them out at lunch.

My friend same they come up as part #

in his catalog... Which looks to be the AL part # of the bi-xenon... Wonder if this might be the OEM supplier? Anyhow, I'll report back later today:
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...63&fg=05&hl=27

Good looking out sna.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Actually, Googling around, it appears that Magneti Marelli is BMW supplier AL.

Woot-woot. Brand new AL bi-xenons for $1k with warranty. Sold.
    http://www.al-lighting.com/index.php?lang=de

Will report back later today.

Is that a hook up, through "your guy"?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

10. Slightly off topic, but apparently the E90 ZKW bi-xenon reflectors are essentially direct bolt on replacement to ours, unlike ours they are made out of metal. I have a set on its way to me, I plan to document the retrofit and post in the DIY section here as well as at the Registry.

cheers.
    Last edited by ZHPRegistry.net; 11-30-2011 at 06:47 AM.
    ZHP Registry - stats and free classifieds.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast