Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    As do mine
    Matt/Matthew/Belvin
    2003 ZHP Sedan, 6sp, Jet Black/Sand with Black Cube
    *Amber Army*

Another data point... Decided to order a replacement set of AL lights after spending far too much time and money on the ZKW set that came with the car (bowls not very burnt, but reflective coating was deteriorated).

After scouring for the lowest cost option, I ended up ordering from RockAuto who was listing a HELLA part#010052011 and 010052021 for 629.79 each and 9.05 for shipping. They just arrived... 2 Magneti Marelli boxes. The assemblies include the mounting brackets and I swapped my washer component out and mounted up one side to test the fit. Works great and will tackle the other side later today.

Quote Originally Posted by strz0001 View Post
    Another data point... Decided to order a replacement set of AL lights after spending far too much time and money on the ZKW set that came with the car (bowls not very burnt, but reflective coating was deteriorated).

After scouring for the lowest cost option, I ended up ordering from RockAuto who was listing a HELLA part#010052011 and 010052021 for 629.79 each and 9.05 for shipping. They just arrived... 2 Magneti Marelli boxes. The assemblies include the mounting brackets and I swapped my washer component out and mounted up one side to test the fit. Works great and will tackle the other side later today.
    How'd these work out for you?

06 330Ci ZHP, 6mt, nav, silver cube, alcantara
    04 330Ci ZHP, 6mt, nav, black cube, leather

Here's what may be a common sense question, but I've got zero experience with headlights after 1990...lol. I am assuming there only a few reasons for replacing headlights as a unit (cost prohibitve). What I've read so far had to do with burnt reflector bowls, bad leveling systems, etc.

My situation: Filed insurance claim for sand damage and they included replacing headlamps in the estimate. Still in process, BUT today as I was observing the reflection of my lights on the bumper of the car ahead, I noticed one was dimmer and even at times blinked out. Later, I turned on the lights while pointed at a wall and the dims both came on, the same one less bright and then it again went out. Switched to brights and got nothing on that same side.

SO...for the interim until I can get money from my insurance to replace these, does this sound like bulbs, or something else? Any troubleshooting wisdom? I know there is an igniter and ballasts are involved. I'm assuming, once I locate them, that they are interchangeable?

06 330Ci ZHP, 6mt, nav, silver cube, alcantara
    04 330Ci ZHP, 6mt, nav, black cube, leather

Quote Originally Posted by DARXIDE View Post
    How'd these work out for you?
    They are great. Only regret is waiting too long and messing about with half fixes.

Anybody have any pics of the MM light assembly prior to install? If not, I’ll take some before I install mine. Should be here tomorrow. Since there’s the question of weather or not it’s plastic like the ZKWs. I have a picture of my ZKW assembly I can also add for comparison.

I think this thread is pretty relevant - especially with the aging of our cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ’05 OrientBlau ZHP - fun
    ’19 RAM 1500 Laramie - mine
    ’13 MB ML350 - wifes

I just bought a right side MM assembly on ebay because it was only $429, and now on the hunt for the left side.

Does anyone know if you can mix/match ZKW and AL headlights? Would love to install the MM headlight in one side and do a before/after comparison to the original ZKWs
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

Physically plug and play possibly with the exception of the bracket that attaches to the bottom of the assembly. It may require a small section to be cut out. Very easy with a Dremel tool.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by dpark View Post
    I just bought a right side MM assembly on ebay because it was only $429, and now on the hunt for the left side.

Does anyone know if you can mix/match ZKW and AL headlights? Would love to install the MM headlight in one side and do a before/after comparison to the original ZKWs
    Yes you can.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Physically plug and play possibly with the exception of the bracket that attaches to the bottom of the assembly. It may require a small section to be cut out. Very easy with a Dremel tool.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I think he meant using a ZKW assembly on one side and a AL on the other. I could be wrong....wouldn't be the first time.
    ’05 OrientBlau ZHP - fun
    ’19 RAM 1500 Laramie - mine
    ’13 MB ML350 - wifes

Quote Originally Posted by dpark View Post

dpark, did you buy them from seller "partscontainer"? If so, when you get the light, could you let me know if it came with the necessary bulbs, ballast, etc? I had sent the seller a message, and the response was that it is only the headlight assembly. I'm hoping he misunderstood my question. Thanks

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast