Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Proof:

I'm gonna keep my eye on this thread. My light output is okay, I mean it's not like I can't see when it's dark out, but it would be awesome if it were brighter. I'd be tempted to see this DIY retrofit that the Registry just posted. Otherwise, I'd consider the MMs. The DIY we currently have is waaaaay too involved for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPRegistry.net View Post
    Slightly off topic, but apparently the E90 ZKW bi-xenon reflectors are essentially direct bolt on replacement to ours, unlike ours they are made out of metal. I have a set on its way to me, I plan to document the retrofit and post in the DIY section here as well as at the Registry.

cheers.
    Excellent. What was the cost here?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Honestly I would think these are better quality than the ZKWs, Magneti Marelli is a Fiat division who provides parts for a ton of F1 teams
    Last edited by Hermes; 11-30-2011 at 11:00 AM.

5. Picked up a set of projectors for 120 shipped on ebay. I am trying to not get too excited in case they don't fit
    ZHP Registry - stats and free classifieds.

Subscribed.

Slightly off topic, but apparently the E90 ZKW bi-xenon reflectors are essentially direct bolt on replacement to ours, unlike ours they are made out of metal. I have a set on its way to me, I plan to document the retrofit and post in the DIY section here as well as at the Registry.

cheers.
    I have heard of this solution as well, but I am unable to find any E90 ZKW reflectors. If you have a source, please share it. Thanks

Just a note...when you all do this swap to the ALs, keep your ZKW lenses. They are far superior to the ALs.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

cheers.
    this has been done and documented pretty well on e46f. I did it as well and documented my progress here at zhpmafia. I reorganized my photobucket though and the links are all broken. when I get some time I'll update them.

'direct bolt on replacement' it is not. fair amount of cutting, drilling, and rigging. the bulb retainer is the biggest gap in this solution. beam pattern is 95% or so correct.

Just got back from the shop. These are indeed AL OEM headlights. I plugged one in quickly next to my ZKW bulb and the light output is significantly brighter. Huge difference. I'm just going to buy these and sell my ZKWs... Figure the net cost will be $500-$600 for brand new OEM headlights with a warranty. Done & done.

BTW, Philips HID bulb is in there....

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast