Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Meric Guest
    My dealer qouted me $177 just for the expension tank part.

ECS Tuning sells a Meyle expansion tank for $50. I think their free shipping threshold is $75.

Quote Originally Posted by Meric View Post
    My dealer qouted me $177 just for the expension tank part.
    Cough, cough.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

But that's Canadian $, which today means about... $171 USD. Tell the dealer the ET is made of plastic; plastic is made from oil; Calgary is near the Canadian tar sands; ergo the tank should only cost you $60 CAD. Ignore the fact that the tar sands need to go to a refinery somewhere then be shipped to Germany then have the ET shipped back to Canada. That kind of reasoning is too complicated. Should be... near raw materials, gimmie discount!

On the other hand, all the Alberta oil patch money might be driving up prices in your neck of the woods.

Meric Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by aurelius View Post
    ECS Tuning sells a Meyle expansion tank for $50. I think their free shipping threshold is $75.
    I'll go with oem I don't want to deal with it again. Thank you aurelius i think im going to get the oem one from the ECS.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Cough, cough.
    Yes i know I asked 3 times just to make sure. :D

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    But that's Canadian $, which today means about... $171 USD. Tell the dealer the ET is made of plastic; plastic is made from oil; Calgary is near the Canadian tar sands; ergo the tank should only cost you $60 CAD. Ignore the fact that the tar sands need to go to a refinery somewhere then be shipped to Germany then have the ET shipped back to Canada. That kind of reasoning is too complicated. Should be... near raw materials, gimmie discount!

On the other hand, all the Alberta oil patch money might be driving up prices in your neck of the woods.
    They probably wont change the price :D

Worth reading. How to remove the expansion tank without breaking anything:

http://blog.bavauto.com/10737/bmw-m5...-to-e46-x3-x5/

Quote Originally Posted by aurelius View Post
    Worth reading. How to remove the expansion tank without breaking anything:

http://blog.bavauto.com/10737/bmw-m5...-to-e46-x3-x5/
    Idk if that's a help or not. Disconnect hoses then pull up?

What am missing that makes this easier (less hard)?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yea, be careful removing the expansion tank. Be patient and just try to wiggle and gently but very forcefully pull off the hoses at the top of the tank. Then you may need to gently tap the bottom of the tank with a socket and rubber mallet to get the thing loose. Oh and be ready to get coolant in your face. I also had an issue when I went to put the new tank in. The top hose did not correctly fit so I had to get a replacement Behr tank.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    +1 That's how I did mine. After I had the tank and frame out I hit the connection of the two with some WD40 and it popped right apart. Like Static mentioned though, the top screw is a little tough to get at.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast