Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

RVAzhp Maintenance log

2007-
    Inspection
    Maintenance
    Balance 4 tires,
    Inspection
    Clunking after car is shut off. Oil change
    Drivability issues/Steering
    Drivability issues
    Drivability issues
    AC/Minor Maintenance/Electrical/Wipers
    paint stick bought
    Brake inspection
    Service (BMW of Sterling)
    Service (BMW of Sterling)
    Oil Change
    2008-
    Inspection
    Inspection II
    Brake fluid/brake pads
    Rear break pad components
    Four new wheels
    Rear Break pads/Tire install & disposal
    Four Wheel Alignment
    Transmission flush
    Oil filter/leather conditioner
    2009-
    Traffic Ticket
    Air Flow meter
    Replacement Master Key and Spare Keye
    Inspection I
    Inspection
    2010-
    Battery Replacement
    Valve Cover Replacement
    2011-
    Valve Cover Replacement
    License plate lens cover replacement
    Inspection
    Oil Change
    Wiper blade/Door clips/dashboard clips
    Window motor
    Driver side Front fender door molding clips

I've put together a template in excel as well this is just the summery rundown. The guy before me took this thing in for lots of "phantom" problems i feel involving dumb shit like ac not blowing cold enough for him. i've discontinued most dealership maintenance which seems he took the car too a lot. when he bought it, it was CPO'd.

i've got more to add but that was just from going through the records in my glovebox. i've changed the oil regularly and what not and there are a few more body shop visits i need to add for insurance claims, but now that i have a template i'm stoked to have a more complete log.

Before I got aCar for my Android phone, I did the same thing, and is really a good starting point. Simply took all the records I could find and dumped them into an Excel sheet. Sorted by date, then started adding columns for more details such as like a category for the maintenance type. My end result was going to be to make a custom app in Access as a maintenance ledger. But as mentioned, I then found aCar, which rendered it all useless lol.

Also, I would discount all those phantom issues. Maybe leave them in there, but add a column to indicate it as possibly being of no concern... ya never know if you might want to refer back to them one day.

i've got columns for the Maintenance, cost, comments and date. generally i want to track cost put into the vehicle over its life time as well as keep a log as a reminder to do things and in case i sell the car (don't see this happening).

i'm not worried about previous issues, i haven't had any nagging issues aside form a secondary airflow CEL which is going on a year old now. i've had a few shops check it out when doing/redoing my VCG and they've confirmed its nothing to worry about. i don't have to pass an emissions test so i'm fine. i may fix it in the next couple months just for the light to go off.

up on the list are brakes/suspension and a new clutch/TO bearing. hope next year the duckets continue to come in! Car will be paid off at the end of the beginning of summer so that will make things nicer.

I had an Excel spreadsheet going for my car too.....until my hard drive died! Thankfully I also write everything down in a small notebook. I also lost all the good DIY's I had saved in my Firefox favorites. From now on I am going to save an HTML file of them on a thumb drive every so often in case it ever happens again.

Autozone.com
    good look man. i think i'll just save it to my google docs and keep it stored there. thanks for the idea!