Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Haha, I knew someone would make that argument And truthfully, I don't totally disagree. With that said though, I do still feel there's a difference. A turn signal is just that. It signals the drivers intention to change direction. It doesn't give the driver the right to do so however. It's still their responsibility to make sure what they're doing will keep everyone safe. (not saying everyone plays by those rules, though...) Brake light, however, is a little different in that it is indicating something that is already taking place. Something that others are required to react to. So I do see your point, and I don't think you're wrong at all. I just still get annoyed by the aesthetics of super-bright led turn lights (even though I have them myself!)

I agree with you fully. My complaint about the turn signals is 95% aesthetics biased. Just wish it was like the OEM turns on coupes. Those aren't too bright IMO.

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I think the road would be a good deal safer if all Halogen lighting was magically replaced with LED lighting. All Halogen lighting isn't created equal, however I've notice on old, old American cars (70s, 80s, early 90s) lighting is very dim, as well as in some of the old Volvo station wagons and some other vehicles. That isn't too safe. LED lighting can force people to pay attention, turn and brake signals both.
    - Derek

Hi, sorry to revive this old thread. Do you still have the lights on your car? Are you able to re-upload pics?

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rookiez View Post
    Hi, sorry to revive this old thread. Do you still have the lights on your car? Are you able to re-upload pics?

Thanks!!

To answer your questions:

1) No, I do not have them anymore. In the end, I couldn't live with the appalling build quality. The delayed brake light illumination and the lack of covers for the wire mess on the backsides left me yearning for something of quality: OE RCR tail lights.

2) I have grabbed a few of the pics I had on Photobucket (thanks you useless turdwaffles) and re-uploaded them on to Flickr:

IMG_20130328_162415_638_zps87964956 by botond.pal, on Flickr

E09FF535-A7EE-4CB1-9EA6-9E110E6016F1-4963-0000074CC28A18C2 by botond.pal, on Flickr

e4ebf5bf by botond.pal, on Flickr

2011-11-29153400 by botond.pal, on Flickr

4EFA5CD7-A58D-4DED-9C2C-9279DCA66563-5118-00000755D7C6801B by botond.pal, on Flickr

You get the picture.

(see what I did there??)
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks!! Oh yeah, do you have some pictures for your current setup then? R/C/R Depo, right? If I can get the video as well, that'd be great! I care about build quality as well and it seems OE R/C/R with led bulbs will be a more reliable setup.

Thanks!! Oh yeah, do you have some pictures for your current setup then? R/C/R Depo, right? If I can get the video as well, that'd be great! I care about build quality as well and it seems OE R/C/R with led bulbs will be a more reliable setup.
    No, he has OEM R/C/Rs now with ebay LED bulbs.

I have DEPO RCRs. Here is a pic:

Let me know if you need more close up shots. The build quality is not as good as OEM - but it works for me.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    No, he has OEM R/C/Rs now with ebay LED bulbs.

I have DEPO RCRs. Here is a pic:

Let me know if you need more close up shots. The build quality is not as good as OEM - but it works for me.
    Thanks so much!! I'm now between eagle eye and R/C/R. My car is a mystic blue. How's the fitting of Depo R/C/R? How is the trunk cover (interior cover) of the light? Does the OEM cover work well on your tail lights? I'm thinking whether I should change all the yellow into white to make the car look more modern or just leave it alone for the best fitting & reliability, then just retrofit them with LED+Resistor!

Thanks so much!! I'm now between eagle eye and R/C/R. My car is a mystic blue. How's the fitting of Depo R/C/R? How is the trunk cover (interior cover) of the light? Does the OEM cover work well on your tail lights? I'm thinking whether I should change all the yellow into white to make the car look more modern or just leave it alone for the best fitting & reliability, then just retrofit them with LED+Resistor!
    The OEM backplate seems to fit just fine on my DEPO RCRs. The external fitment is also just fine, compared to the OEM RARs that came with the car.

In my personal opinion, the RCRs definitely give the car a much more modern look and it especially looks good on darker colors such as black (in my case).
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    The OEM backplate seems to fit just fine on my DEPO RCRs. The external fitment is also just fine, compared to the OEM RARs that came with the car.

In my personal opinion, the RCRs definitely give the car a much more modern look and it especially looks good on darker colors such as black (in my case).
    Thanks! Mine's a mystic blue. How about the depo front cornerlights? I'll just PM you as I feel that I'm going off topic now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast