Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chances are, you've been driving with the problem longer than you think. I heard the whistling from my intake boot for two months until the SES light came on.

I'll tell ya hwhut, that lower intake boot is the biggest PITA ever.

Quote Originally Posted by llll1l1ll View Post
    Chances are, you've been driving with the problem longer than you think. I heard the whistling from my intake boot for two months until the SES light came on.

I'll tell ya hwhut, that lower intake boot is the biggest PITA ever.
    I'll go into further detail later. But I attempted to take the lower boot out and clean the ICV. It was the worst thing I have ever attempted to fix on my car. I gave up when I got to the lower boot.

LG Revolution + Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Yep-- the upside down hose clamp can be a real PITA. 1/4 inch socket with a swivel head got it for me.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I got codes 0171 and 1074 right after I got my car. I had a torn lower intake boot. Man that thing was horrible to take out! Definitely worth going to get some weird 6mm or 1/4" wrenches for the clamps.

I replaced mine, and reset the code. So far so good after a few days of driving no light is back. I have a small leak in my VCG, but hopefully the boot was the only thing causing the code.

Oh yeah, if you go and get the intake boots, you might as well get a spare "F" connector - the one that comes out of the upper intake boot. The hoses were basically welded onto mine and the little plastic bit on the F broke off. Needed an extra trip to the dealer cause of that stupid thing.

Just threw a P0174 and P0171 while I was on the the freeway and stopped at Autozone on the way home. I'll start by cleaning the MAF and then if that doesn't clear it I will move on to the upper and lower intake boots. Thanks guys.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Quote Originally Posted by quikryptonite View Post
    Just threw a P0174 and P0171 while I was on the the freeway and stopped at Autozone on the way home. I'll start by cleaning the MAF and then if that doesn't clear it I will move on to the upper and lower intake boots. Thanks guys.
    Sounds good. While the boots are out, clean your icv, and inspect your disa.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

When you put the boots back on, make sure that lower boot is nice and tight on the throttle body. I made that mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Yep-- the upside down hose clamp can be a real PITA. 1/4 inch socket with a swivel head got it for me.
    How about this guy Kayger? Sounds like this can be a real joke to get out, I want to make sure I've got what I need for the job when I start, not when I get 90 minutes into it. Ha ha.

Swivel socket

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Quote Originally Posted by quikryptonite View Post
    How about this guy Kayger? Sounds like this can be a real joke to get out, I want to make sure I've got what I need for the job when I start, not when I get 90 minutes into it. Ha ha.

Swivel socket
    If you have new lower boot...just cut old one off....which opens up all kinds of room. I will not do this job...even for inspection, without new boot/s.

A small offset boxed wrench is my tool of choice, with a flex drive.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    A small offset boxed wrench is my tool of choice, with a flex drive.

Dane, do you have a photo of the tools you like to use posted here somewhere? Is this clamp on the lower intake boot fastened/loosened with a flathead screwdriver?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast