Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Budget Track Car Build (E36 Inside)

Hey guys. As some of you know I recently sold my 04 330i ZHP, my first BMW. It was hard to do. I really enjoyed the car, but I really missed having a track dedicated car. The ZHP was my weekend toy, and I felt it was too nice to 'race out'. I sold it to a Mafia member and started a search for a E36. I really wanted a M3, but my budget wouldnt allow it right now. I work as a Tech at an Audi VW dealership in MD. At the same time I sold the ZHP someone traded in a 95 325i. Employees can purchase traded in cars for little over trade in. So now it begins-

1995 325i 140k
    Last edited by Audi 0000; 12-01-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Sorry to hear that the ZHP is no longer in your garage, but good luck with the E36 track build! I have a Boston Green E36 non-M myself, and it has been a great car, just rolling over 230,000 miles today! Still love my ZHP, but two German ladies can get awfully pricey. Your car looks really clean for its age and like she was well-loved. Maybe I'll see you at VIR or SP sometime!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

-Brettski

its looking great
    all it need is some black trim restoration

how is the interior and what are your Engine Plans???????
    very curious to see what comes of this purchase, such as track videos and awesome photos lol

good luck and congrats
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

very nice pickup, and those Motorsport wheels are one of my favorites that BMW ever put on a car. Looking forward to a build thread

Thank you all. Brett- hope to see you at the Point or VIR. Jreyes- The interior is old, and tan. I am in the process now of stripping out the interior. As far as the engine, for now I am going to have fun with the 140k mile 2.5, but one day... . Hermes- The ds1 wheels are also one of my favorites. They just need some decent rubber on them.

Since I titled this 'Budget Track Car Build' I will start with a 6k budget. That includes regular maintenance items, performance parts, etc. I am sure to destroy my budget, but thats what I am shooting for. update- budget exceeded....

I started stripping out the ol tan.

Then I started stripping out pointless items like AC, Brackets, Alarm horns, Solvent bottle, Cruise control, you get the idea.
    Last edited by Audi 0000; 11-27-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Yes, I will be following this to glory. We will be victorious.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Nice looking car. I hope to have an E36 track car someday. Looks like PO put in camber plates and adjustable struts.

I want to see this on your car, but not sure if it will work with that paint job... p/n 51148014500 - E36 M3 Lightweight Motorsport Flag hood/trunk decal

skip the high rise PTG wing

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    Nice looking car. I hope to have an E36 track car someday. Looks like PO put in camber plates and adjustable struts.
    My first step was to get rid of the destroyed stock suspension. The rear mounts are completely gone, and noisey cant even describe it. I wanted a coilover more geared towards tracking than street. I installed TRM Coilovers this past Weds. They have camber plates and nice rear mounts. I was part of a 'group buy' on Bfc. I am very happy with them so far. Very good price, lots of good features. TRM can rebuild and revalve shocks if needed. They have pretty stiff rates- 670 f/ 890 r, and rear sway bar removal is recommended due to rear rates. They seem to handle awesome so far, but I wll update after I get them on a track.

Last edited by Audi 0000; 04-11-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Sweet car mang, was looking good last night

Love the DS wheels
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast