Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    None of the BMW shops by you do any racing? That's kinda surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    None of the BMW shops by you do any racing? That's kinda surprising.
    Hi Eli, do you have any info on what kind of work that Imola Motorsports does? Good, bad, expensive? The Cities is where I'll end up if or when I ever run into something that I can't or won't want to handle myself. I was looking at their website and it looks like a pretty nice place. Just curious I guess.

I've been to JBEurotech once and definitely don't have any complaints with the work or price there but their customer lounge isn't anything to get excited about and I hate not being able to take a stroll back into the shop once in a while to see how things are going on my car. I realize it's that way most places now days but it's just that up to this point everywhere I've taken my vehicles around here it's not a problem.

I take my Blazer to the local Mopar dealer for oil changes because a friend works there and I always go in the shop and bullshit with him while he does it and it's nice to be able to snoop around on the vehicle while it's up on a hoist. I even supply my own oil and filter and it only costs $9 for oil change and chassis lube, can't beat that price! But even if it cost twice that I'd still have him do it.

Barry

You can clean your icv, TB, DISA, MAF, and check out your intake hoses. If u want a challenge, VCG and vanos rebuild .

Does anyone have a link to the diff DIY. I had one but now I can't find it...
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

http://www.bokchoys.com/differential/diff_fluid.htm

You might not need the seal rings. Mine had o-ring built in. Torque was a little less I think as well. I'll check the Bentley and get back.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Thanks kayger
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Sure thing.

According to the Bentley, torque for both fill and drain plugs is 48 ft-lb with the sealing washer, and 44 ft-lb with the o-ring.

Again, mine had a green o-ring, no washer.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Here's a link to another one from a site that no longer exists (some pics may not work anymore).....

http://web.archive.org/web/200712230...ff_fluid.shtml

Complete site......

http://web.archive.org/web/200712230...et/index.shtml

You might notice some discrepancies from one diy to the next but it still helps just to have as much info as possible sometimes. This one mentions 52 ft-lbs but I think 48 is plenty.

I never knew a web archive like this existed (until I found out about this) for sometimes finding things that aren't on the web anymore.....

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Barry

p.s. JJ and Kayger, check your messages.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post
    Hi Eli, do you have any info on what kind of work that Imola Motorsports does? Good, bad, expensive? The Cities is where I'll end up if or when I ever run into something that I can't or won't want to handle myself. I was looking at their website and it looks like a pretty nice place. Just curious I guess.

I've been to JBEurotech once and definitely don't have any complaints with the work or price there but their customer lounge isn't anything to get excited about and I hate not being able to take a stroll back into the shop once in a while to see how things are going on my car. I realize it's that way most places now days but it's just that up to this point everywhere I've taken my vehicles around here it's not a problem.

I take my Blazer to the local Mopar dealer for oil changes because a friend works there and I always go in the shop and bullshit with him while he does it and it's nice to be able to snoop around on the vehicle while it's up on a hoist. I even supply my own oil and filter and it only costs $9 for oil change and chassis lube, can't beat that price! But even if it cost twice that I'd still have him do it.

Barry
    Sorry Barry, just noticed your comments today.

Some of my friends have had work done at Imola. Everything from Audi's, BMW's, Porsche and Maserati. Kevin (the owner) is a great guy and an enthusiast himself (his M5 is sick). I have nothing but good stuff to say about them.

The other option is Orr in Eden Prairie. The Orr brothers have done a lot of BMW racing/built BMW race cars over the years. They rolled my fenders for me when I first put on the VMR wheels and they also did the corner balance on the car when I put on the coilovers. http://www.orrautosport.com/

JB Eurotech is more like an old school shop but they definitely know their stuff better than anyone else. If you want to check on your car, just ask Seth or Ben and they will take you back there.

Autozone.com
    Thanks Eli, I'll probably just stick with JBE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12