Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not sure if they're open tomorrow Botond. I know Seth had a Dension setup in his E46 when he sold the car so he could probably answer any remaining questions.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Not sure if they're open tomorrow Botond. I know Seth had a Dension setup in his E46 when he sold the car so he could probably answer any remaining questions.
    I actually found a place a lot closer to where I live that sells the kits, over in NJ. I'll call them and see if they have it; if so, I'm going to drive over and pick it up today. I haven't seen many bad reviews on this unit and it does EVERYTHING I want.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Sweet! Can we expect a full install write-up and review with pics?

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Sweet! Can we expect a full install write-up and review with pics?
    Sure thing. I believe this unit differs from the DICE and other units in the sense that you have to slide the radio out and plug something in back there. The other units I've seen have to be installed in the trunk where the CD Changer is.

Now I just have to figure out how to take out the radio and trim; wish I had a Bentley.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Once you get the trim piece around the radio off, it's just a couple screws to remove the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Sure thing. I believe this unit differs from the DICE and other units in the sense that you have to slide the radio out and plug something in back there. The other units I've seen have to be installed in the trunk where the CD Changer is.

Now I just have to figure out how to take out the radio and trim; wish I had a Bentley.
    Super easy BP. Just pry the trim pieces straight out with a non-marring tool and you'll see thor two screws holding in the unit. I think they were torx. I'll check the Bentley for you when I get home.

I installed an aux line in the 325 and remember it being very easy.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Ok BP. Here's some pics I had from when I did the aux cable in the 325. The square red mounts in the dash are where the trim pieces attach. The back of the trim piece has a straight peg on it that just presses into that mounting hole. There's one on the left edge of the picture that has a coupler over the top of it. Just get something under the trim piece, work it out a little, and then pull it straight towards you. It'll take a little force, but it'll come.

The right side mount point for this one is just out of frame. The screw that holds the radio in is a phillips head and is already removed in this pic.

-Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Thanks for the pics Keith. Now I have a much clearer picture as to where to pry. I'm just afraid of breaking pieces...
    Turns out the shop wasn't open today (damn it). Now I have to get it shipped.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Today I have ordered the following:

* Dension Gateway 300 (GW33BM1) -- ordered on eBay. Second lowest price I found ($209). The first lowest price was about ~$170's, but the vendor turns out to be a nightmare based on numerous reviews (www.autotoys.com). I read review after review, read something like this: bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, good, bad, good, bad, bad, bad. Too many bad reviews... All other prices were over $230-240.
    * iPod cable for GW300 (IPO5DC9) -- purchased from Enfig Car Stereo located in New Jersey. Getting shipped. Had lowest price I found for this model cable ($34.9x). This should be the updated cable that doesn't require an adapter to charge the iPod, but will let y'all know when I get it.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Nice, I can't wait to hear about the install and finished product.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast