Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Update:
    Turns out I ordered the wrong unit. Here's the full rundown:

On Friday (New Year's Eve), I called Enfig Car Stereo of Carlstadt, New Jersey in hopes of buying the Dension GW33BM4 unit. Turns out, they were closed, so I carried on. Sunday, I did some final research before buying the unit, and checked Dension's website for compatibility. They recommended the Dension GW33BM1 for my car, which has a Business CD head unit, so I looked around for who had it cheaper, and finally settled on a vendor (powerseller on eBay). Today (Monday), I received a call from Enfig. I didn't expect a call from them last week as it was New Year's Eve. The person on the phone pretty much was saying he didn't stock it as not many people buy it, but he could have it by the end of the week. Unfortunately I already ordered and I told him this. Next he offered to install it for me for free for the sole purpose of using my car as the base for the creation of an instructional installation video. He had tons of videos for other makes, but none for BMW, especially a 3 series.

I'm impressed by the fact that they even offered to do it considering I didn't buy it from them. So, we talked for a while and found out that I actually ordered the wrong one. He was telling me that the BM1 was actually compatible with only the older E46's that used a different connector. So, he ordered up the correct one for me (BM4) and said he could have it this week.

He seemed very knowledgeable, and I am very pleased with the customer service. They do have a website (www.enfigcarstereo.com) so you don't have to go to the store to pick it up if you don't want to or are too far away, and I highly recommend them. I even have experienced their ordering side, as I ordered the cable (IPO5DC9) from them and they had it in the mail the next morning, tracking number and everything.

So, I'm not sure if I'm going to really have a writeup on this as it would be redundant; he is making a video of the install with my car. If he finishes it/when he finishes it, I will post a link to it here (or in a separate thread). I'll make an attempt to document the install with my own camera as well, as I'll be there when the install takes place, so I'll post that and will post the link to the video at a later date.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

No! Write up please! I'd like to know how the SQ is, does it mess with your iPod iPhone, etc. Also if the video doesn't demonstrate navigation I'd like it as well. But do as you wish, I'm only saying what I'd thank you the most for
    - Derek

Quote Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
    No! Write up please! I'd like to know how the SQ is, does it mess with your iPod iPhone, etc. Also if the video doesn't demonstrate navigation I'd like it as well. But do as you wish, I'm only saying what I'd thank you the most for
    It's supposed to be a pretty easy install so even if I can't snap pics while it happens, I could disassemble and take pics then while reinstalling. No biggie.
    Can't help you on the navigation front though; I don't have nav.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

I meant navigation through the menu's, etc.
    - Derek

Quote Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
    I meant navigation through the menu's, etc.
    Absolutely. I'll try my best to document installation, and will definitely do a video on usage once installed.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Received the Gateway 300 (GW33BM1) in the mail today. Despite what we thought of it being the wrong one, it worked perfectly. Turns out the connectors were the right ones all along

This is an amazing unit. It is perfectly stealth; if you were to peek inside my cabin, you would have absolutely no idea I have an iPod integration kit (or an iPod for that matter). It works seamlessly with the head unit, and is not clunky to use, and has great responsiveness, not lagging like the DICE Silverline kit does. Steering wheel controls also work. Navigation is easy as you can select by playlist, artist, song, and album. Supports auxilary, USB, and iPod, and charges the iPod with the correct cable.

I found my kit for about $200 shipped. Worth the price for a unit that doesn't have any of the bugs the Silverline has, but has more features than any other kit I've seen (USA Spec PA-12, iSimple, etc.).

We did make a video with important parts of the install outlined, so if y'all want to check it out, keep an eye on Enfig's YouTube channel; they should be posting it up soon.
    I myself will create a video review of the features soon enough, when there is enough daylight out.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Sounds great! Keep us updated.
    - Derek

Glad to hear it worked out Botond.

I made a video review, but the sound got all screwed up, so I have to reshoot it. Expect it soon...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

sweet
    - Derek

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234