Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Auto headlights stay on all the time

Anyone else had this issue? My lights seem to be on all the time. I just replaced both bi-xenons with new AL ones. I'm not sure if the problem existed before I replaced the headlights though... It may have been like this for a while and I just noticed it...

Where is the light sensor anyhow?

Its in with the rain sensor. Do you rain sensing wipers work? If the fuse that is responsible for both of these is blown or removed, u have adjustable speed wipers, but ur lights wont work on auto. They will just turn on. I removed this fuse cause my rain sensor is shot, and I wanted intermittent wipers at least.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

there should be extra fuses in the fuse box, just try changing the one that controls the sensor

Havnt had a chance to check the fuse yet, but it appears they are now working. I wonder if there is something blocking the sensor. Where is the actual sensor that detects if it si dark out?

Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    Havnt had a chance to check the fuse yet, but it appears they are now working. I wonder if there is something blocking the sensor. Where is the actual sensor that detects if it si dark out?
    It's the lil hole, right below the headlight switch.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Ohh... inside the car--so shadows can determine if the lights are on etc. I bet that was the issue

Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    Ohh... inside the car--so shadows can determine if the lights are on etc. I bet that was the issue
    Perhaps....

Don't know for sure....but shouldn't headlights go out after a pre-determined time, with the engine not running?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    It's the lil hole, right below the headlight switch.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    No, it's the one on the rear view mirror mount. I can make mine turn on if I put my hand over it

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    No, it's the one on the rear view mirror mount. I can make mine turn on if I put my hand over it
    Got it. What's the other hole for?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Not sure. There is also that little sensor on the back of the mirror itself that I'm not sure what it does

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast