Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Did you get OEM glass, Shawn? If not, that could possibly be the cause of your problem.
    It is Pilkington glass which I understand is an OEM brand.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    I was given the run-a-round when it came to my sensor. I never had a new one put in, but was told mine looked "worn on the contacts" or some crap like that. Hope you resolve it.
    I found a guy parting a car that has a sensor for $20. I think it's worth a shot. Glass guys haven't gotten back to me :-/

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Reviving a really old thread, but I found myself in the same situation this morning. The headlight switch was in the "auto" position and despite it being quite bright outside, the headlamps were on. I haven't checked the fuse etc that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Shawn, did you ever figure this one out? Was it just a bad RLS sensor?
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

In automatic mode, my headlights are sometimes on when it's really bright out, and other times stay off when it's relatively dark. I figured the system was functioning fine and just chalked it up to top-notch mid-2000s sensors and software.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    In automatic mode, my headlights are sometimes on when it's really bright out, and other times stay off when it's relatively dark. I figured the system was functioning fine and just chalked it up to top-notch mid-2000s sensors and software.
    Is there any way (using PA Soft or other tools) to see the values being reported by the RLS sensor? Does it just report 0/1 for Light/Dark?
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

+1

The calibration might not be as aggressive as on the latest models and I also noticed that there is a lot more hysteresis built into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Yes it can be re-calibrated though I'm not sure which tools you use for that...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Mine will sometimes turn the lights on when it's too bright outside, but never had the issue with the dark. They always turn on when it's dark enough to warrant lights. The exception to this is when it's slightly overcast. In this case it could possibly be acceptable to drive without lights, but they "should" be on, so that one is a grey area (see what I did there?).
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I'm of no help to you, only to say that I don't keep my lights on Auto so that they're not coming on when I go under a bridge or pull in/out of the garage. It's my understanding that short on/off cycles kill xenon bulbs, so I only flip it over to Auto at night.

Spenser knows more about this shit. Let's see if I can tag that ass @704sw

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I'm of no help to you, only to say that I don't keep my lights on Auto so that they're not coming on when I go under a bridge or pull in/out of the garage. It's my understanding that short on/off cycles kill xenon bulbs, so I only flip it over to Auto at night.

Spenser knows more about this shit. Let's see if I can tag that ass @704sw
    The lights don't turn on/off fast enough to cause damage to the bulbs. If you put it in Auto, you'll notice that it takes a second or two for them to turn on, and when they do, it takes them a few seconds to turn off.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast